Vagcom ?????

con1.8t

Reaction score
ok I'm thinking of getting one to save some £££.

The thing is I've just been on ebay and "OH MY GOD" how many are on there with prices ranging from £2.99 to £69.99 so I'm a bit lost now. Can anyone recommend one for me ?

thanks

Won't get proper VAGCOM for much change out of £200 mate. You can use the shareware version on a £6.99 ebay serial lead but thats about yer lot

If you plan on keeping the car and doing your own servicing/mods etc its well worth the investment though.

<tuffty/>

Get a proper one mate you won't regret it. Not only can you do diagnostics when something goes wrong, you can also set some cool things in the coding.

Speak to NHN, a member on this forum as he sells the proper cables.

If you ever sell the car and don't get another vag car to use it on the re sell of the cables is good too.

i here everyone saying about vag com on laptop and serial lead, well the guy who checked my car wasnt on a laptop, it was a unit of its own a bit like the snap on diagnostic unit,
has anyone else seen these, or know the price of them.

nope that wasnt it, im sure it had vag com on the top right corner

If its the one I am thinking of its about a grand or so... covers all makes of vehicle though...

<tuffty/>

thanks guys I think I'll get a proper one after Christmas then.

ps I think I've seen the one tuffty's on about the guy i take my taxi's to has one that will do most cars and if a new model comes out he just updates it online. Nice bit of kit :thumbsup: