Interior light

dan1973

OCD clean
Reaction score
Ok any idea's as to why my interior light is not working when i open the door??? The switch is in the correct place and it works on the switch just no on door mode.

Do the rear interiors work? Also do the lights on the doors work?

No mate and no lights on the doors

No sorry should have given a little more info. Neither doors.

sounds like a fuse mate.

look in your owners manual at the fuse list and check all the ones that say lighting or lights.

if they're okay then it's not a fuse!

Its defo the fuse, same thing happend to me. Less than a quid to fix. Just have a look on the fuse panel which fuse it is.

No not the fuse guy's that's ok. I am thinking it could be the door switch as i said they work off the switch in the car. Does anybody no where the swich for the door is???

Its in the lock mechanism made....door panel off job......but if u look inside the catch mech from the end of the door, you will be able to see the switch plate....you should be able to push the switch using a thin srewdriver or the like....check to see if you can hear it clicking and if the light comes on and off when you do.

common fault, but for them both to go at the same time is bizarre.

Its in the lock mechanism made....door panel off job......but if u look inside the catch mech from the end of the door, you will be able to see the switch plate....you should be able to push the switch using a thin srewdriver or the like....check to see if you can hear it clicking and if the light comes on and off when you do.

common fault, but for them both to go at the same time is bizarre.
Cheers mate tried that yes they are clicking but still no light's think it's going to be door panel off. Are they expensive those units? I take it it's going top be a new one. Ohh i sprayed them lightly with some wd40 too :)

yeah, check all the fuses....including the ones on top of the battery. in terms of the switch unit....you can not buy them seperately. they only come as part of the lock mech which will set you back about £60-70 from the stealer.
the switch in my passenger door has gone too but this was setting my alarm off, so i just disconnected it and am doing without the lights when the door is open.

between us, we did find the part online from Cherry Corp. i contacted them and they only sell to manufacturers in massive bulk, so no chance of getting one.....typical. Must only cost pennies on an individual basis.

iirc there is more than one fuse for the lighting. have you checked them all?
Yea ll fuse's checked and tested guy's even the ones above the battery, it's looking like it's a trip to an auto electrician. Thanks guy's :crying:

Nope all ok, cheers anyway for your help mate