Hello everyone

lukens3

Reaction score
hello all
im not really a new member to this site ive been a user for a couple of years but i have only used it a couple of times .but ive just brought another s3 and want to get into this Forum as ive seen some great cars and read some really interesting posts . heres my story i brought a 2001 s3 around 3 years ago which i brought as a cat D (big mistake) the car ended up being a nightmare ,having endless problems . i replaced the turbo and manifold within the first month or so as they both cracked not sure if it was down to the crash or what ,also think the previous owner just replaced the gaskets on the turbo before i brought it to hide it . then started with knock sensor,dv,and other valves and sensors going wrong all the time . i finally got every sorted or so i thought until a dear ran in front of me which ended up wreaking the front end ,headlights,frontbumper,1 intercooler. nice!
so got all that sorted then a year or so later i was picking a freind up from work and on the way home someone fell asleep driving and hit me head on which wrote the s3 off and wreaked my knee in the process . i have pics if anyones wants a look .

So seeing as the s3 proberly saved my life ive just brought another one. now i have a 2002 bam s3 with a few mods ,milltek ,remap,forge 007p,brembos. got plans for more mods after christmas . so thats it really thats my short s3 story .im hoping this 1 will last longer than my last . thanks for reading.and keep up the good work .

Welcome back mate.

Got any pics of the old and new car? Sounds like you've got a nice example of an s3.

i have pics of both.im not sure how to post pics . can you help ?
thanks

heres my old s3 .
n787052572_838755_7814.jpg

here is how the old 1 ended up .poor old girl.
n787052572_1200427_9664.jpg

wow, the S3 really did hold up well in the head on....the doors havent even creased (from what i can see). i take it you broke the old one for the vultures. liking the new one though. :D

wow, the S3 really did hold up well in the head on....the doors havent even creased (from what i can see). i take it you broke the old one for the vultures. liking the new one though. :D
yeah she did .it did crease the door a little and the roof ,but not to bad .im glad i was in the s3 not something little.yeah i broke the old 1 sold so much stuff, made a fair bit of wedge while i was of off work from the crash which was handy . new 1 is not mint but its getting there .

Sounded like that car was jinxed. Glad to see you have stuck with the S3, great cars imo from my 1 month of ownership. Hope this one ends up being more lucky for you.

Regards
Chris :blackrs4:

Sounded like that car was jinxed. Glad to see you have stuck with the S3, great cars imo from my 1 month of ownership. Hope this one ends up being more lucky for you.

Regards
Chris :blackrs4:
yeah i think it was ,yeah im hoping this one will be nicer to me ,ive had this one 4 months now and seems ok .hope you have luck with yours.thanks
luke

yeah i think it was ,yeah im hoping this one will be nicer to me ,ive had this one 4 months now and seems ok .hope you have luck with yours.thanks
luke

Hi mate what was the reg of the old one? Y2 CRD by any chance?

yeah i thought some one would recognise it .big mistake buying that 1 . what do u no of it ?
regards
luke

yeah i thought some one would recognise it .big mistake buying that 1 . what do u no of it ?
regards
luke

I know one of the previous owners!

was a Gorgeous colour!

I know one of the previous owners!

was a Gorgeous colour!
it proberly was when it came out of the factory ,not sure about the red paint under the blue tho.found a nasty repair job on the rear quarter to.