Thinking of getting an S3

chris2009

Reaction score
Hi there,
I currently have a Peugeot 206 GTi.
I had an A4 prior to the Peugeot and I'm now thinking of moving back to German made cars after having a lot of issues with French cars.

So can you tell me if the S3 is reliable and nice to drive as a daily car and generally what your opinons are.

I'd be getting at newest a 2002 model, prefrebly a quattro but again I need opinions.
What should I look out for when buying one also.

Thanks
Chris

Hi and welcome Chris.

All the S3's have Quattro. Theres a few common bits to look out for but they are all stated in the link that Jase has put up.

Saying that i know a very nice, well looked after 2003 Nogaro Blue S3 possibly for sale ;)

All S3's are quattros, main thing on the S3's is to see if it has been well looked aftered, full audi service history doesn't mean its the best example, all depends on the owner. Aslong as the cambelt/waterpump has been done dependant on mileage the car is pretty much bomb proof.
Don't rush into it, take your time, find the spec you want then you'll keep it for a long time.
Rusting roof rails is one thing to look out for, this is now being sorted thanks to a member on the site:)

One of the best bang for buck, and nice to drive cars about. I'd recommend one to anyone.

I second all of the above, timing belt, water pump, service history. And service it when you've bought it just so you know in your mind it's done!

I'd recommend too, just do your homework with regard what to look for, like any car really