Dump Valve/Reset Valve??

• Thread starter imported_selector007
  • Start date
I

imported_selector007

How easy is it to change the dump valve/reset valve on my A3 1.8T Quattro?? And how much do they cost? Is it something i could attempt myself?

hi mate, they dont actually have a dump valve they have a diverter valve. Instead of dumping the air out of the engine it recirculates the air back into the engine.

These are very straight foward to replace, they vary from 80-150 quid depending on what you want.

I think that the Diaphragm types are better as they are quicker, and respond faster, but they do cost more.

Hope this helps

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:

I think that the Diaphragm types are better as they are quicker, and respond faster, but they do cost more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you just purchase the latest revision of the OEM part from Audi, it will only set you back 20 quid or so, and performance is better than an aftermarket piston unit.

I ended up going to main dealer got one for 23.00 like everyone said it was wasy to fix. But this still hasn't rectified the problem i thought it was causing. I own a A3 1.8T Quattro 2000, recently each time i accelerate it hesitates before increasing the speed, if i put my foot right down it tends to jerk slightly and the revs take forever moving up. Any ideas?

tHE BOOST REGULATOR VALVE MAYBE? n75 VALVE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT