Would you map an S3 with 145k??

swatchuk

Reaction score
As title really. I know about the possible coilpack, maf and clutch issue. just wondered what your thoughts were and any other issues with a high mileage car?
Thanks

shouldnt be a problem if it's well looked after.

my A3 was first mapped at 130k, then again with a bigger turbo at about 160k. now on 192k and happy :)

I'm just in the process of buying the car and its completely standard, but done 145k, i want to get to a stage like my old one. (spec on sig) I know the car well and the owner for the last 5 years. Its been extremely well looked after, fsh and loads of paper work. Was just slightly nervous about the mileage. I dont know why, but theres just something in the back of my head telling me to leave it alone and don't put my foot down in it.
192k? Fair play. That makes me feel alot better

I honestly wouldn't worry, at 190k i took mine to the nurburgring and gave it the thrashing of it's life! No matter how hard I tried I couldn't phase it at all, and it's just sailled through it's MOT last week with no advisories.

Look after it well, replace things like bushes and shocks as and when they need it, and it'll last you as long as you want it to :)

I'm sure I read somewhere that someone stripped a 1.8T block with 200K miles on it and it all looked brand new still!

That would be total rubbish, I saw mine at 63k and it wasn't in great condition (other than the melted piston). Saw mine again two weeks ago at a total of 152k and it's covered in carbon deposits etc. luckily the bores are still in very good condition, which was a relief to say the least.

I'd have no worries about mapping the car at 145k though, it will only make any underlying issues worse, won't cause any on it's own (if done right).

Should be ok but there's alot of extra stress on turbo's, clutches, coil packs, etc. As long as they're ok then why not!

Got mine remapped at 150k and it is now on 190k. Two issues I had was a split in a oil hose and change of 2 x coilpacks

Wow thats good going!

I wouldn't even consider a performance car with that sort of miles on it let alone mapping it. Just shows what can be done

If it has been well looked after why not remap it....But if you buy an S3 with 145k on the clock you may have a fun time trying to sell it.

Yes selling will be a problem, especially with a remap!

I wouldn't buy a car with that sort of miles, but if i had one i would def map it!

I intend on running my S3 into the ground, I love it and its the best all round car i've owned.

X2 if i had a steady job i would keep mine and just run it into the ground....Buy another and swap the mods over :icon_thumright:

up to you if you tell the people it has a remap :)

how do you know it has...... blah blah blah ;)

Wow thats good going!

I wouldn't even consider a performance car with that sort of miles on it let alone mapping it. Just shows what can be done

To be fair, the crouts are some of the best engineers there are.... built to last is only the half of it. I had a BMW M3 with 160,000 on her and it still was as happy as the day it was born.

Don't like the Germans for anything else though...... just cars, they've got them down to a T.

Sack that off boy, Its well going down the strip. Don't think milage puts me off that easily. Then if it breaks, its just an excuse to uprate it!!! Roll on Santa Pod. And the Ring!!

Cheers for the replys though guys. I do feel alot more confident about the mapping it and modding it now. Not to bothered about re selling it as its always going to be worth a couple of grand, even if its in bits.

Can't wait to get it now, just gota wait for the R32 to go 1st.

Sack that off boy, Its well going down the strip. Don't think milage puts me off that easily. Then if it breaks, its just an excuse to uprate it!!! Roll on Santa Pod. And the Ring!!

Cheers for the replys though guys. I do feel alot more confident about the mapping it and modding it now. Not to bothered about re selling it as its always going to be worth a couple of grand, even if its in bits.

Can't wait to get it now, just gota wait for the R32 to go 1st.

Well roll on santa pod, and get 2 the ring 2 next year

To be fair, the crouts are some of the best engineers there are.... built to last is only the half of it. I had a BMW M3 with 160,000 on her and it still was as happy as the day it was born.

Don't like the Germans for anything else though...... just cars, they've got them down to a T.

My last M3 had 106k on it...But it was on its second engine! The first threw a conrod at 80mph while overtaking a couple of caravans...A week after getting back from my 4th time at the 'Ring. So not all cars can take it therefore its not safe to suggest a 145k mile car can cope with a map as you don't know its history. I'd still do it though :)

Turns out my M3 hadn't had its recall done even though it was on the BMW system asa having the work carried out. Don't trust them either! Cost me £5500 to fix it!

Other than the 1st owner who was an audi technician i know the whole history of the car. I'd imagine the audi guy would have looked after it if hes got access to everything. Full audi history up to 100k. I'm not worried anymore. Its in mint condition, fsh, loads of paperwork for bushes, coil packs, maf, fuel pump etc. And its a friends car so I know its been done. Worst case, new engine or rebuild. lol.