Making a come back to the S3

swatchuk

Reaction score
Well ive had a random and expensive year but have finally come to the decision to buy another S3. Sold my last one in May to another member after spending alot of money and time on it. I was gutted when it went and i miss the turbo feeling. Then i bought a mitsubishi l200 animal. (dont ask) I have a Mk4 R32 golf at the moment which i have up for sale, and ive just put my deposite on my new toy. Time to start again. Just thought i'd say hi, and glad to be back

Welcome back! From the Signature it looks like a well sorted S3!...Or was this the old S3?

Welcome back to the fold,remember seeing yours at the pod and it was quick.

Unfortunatly, that was the old one. Havn't got any pics of the new one yet. Think its going to get expensive though as its just not the same as the old one. Already got my wheels for it, Just need the car. Ha. I'll probably go to the pod again next year for some dissapointment. Cant see me matchin 13.9 again.

Unfortunatly, that was the old one. Havn't got any pics of the new one yet. Think its going to get expensive though as its just not the same as the old one. Already got my wheels for it, Just need the car. Ha. I'll probably go to the pod again next year for some dissapointment. Cant see me matchin 13.9 again.

Well im sure you will start modding again and the S3 will turn into the new money pit haha.

13.9 is quick! Was that on the Standard K04? Id be interested to see what i could get on a 1/4 mile....

Yeah, that was with the standard K04. The car was as the spec in my signature. And did have a dodgey coil pack. dont know if that made much difference coz it wasnt that bad but i've gotta think of some excuses. I think you should be able to do that, Just depends if u dont mind dropping the clutch and chancing it. I did have my sps set to boost 9 too.

Heres a pic of my R32
p301109154202.jpg
p301109154202.
p301109154202.

Last edited:
wow lovely pic of the r32. i have never driven one myself, always wondered. How does it compare to the s3?

Its a lovely car to drive. It's the same chasis as the S3 so quite a similar feel. A bit more thirsty than the S3 though. And you have to spend a fortune to see any decent power gains. I'm just gona miss the V6 noise. Find the Audi more fun to drive, and my old one was definatly quicker than the golf accelerating. Top end the R32 would be better. The Golf is more of a cruiser. Sorry to see it go

Always been a fan of R32's. Only reason i didn't get one this time was simply the fact a turbo car tunes easier! Oh, and S3's were cheaper!!!

Good to see somebody returning to an S3 from the R32, always liked the R32 but don't think I could sell my S3 for one, it's refreshing to read that you obviously prefered your S3 :) yeah the R32 probably handles better out of the box but that can be sorted with the S3 if you fancy throwing some cash at it. Your R32 looks sweet, CH rims look spot on !