Remap but no power increase

ash3435

flat out if in doubt
Reaction score
i recently had a custom map from p-torque but had no increase of power, he said it could be the n75 but changed it for a working 1 when i got home.he also said he'd put the map on and i should notice the difference when i change this, but nothing.my cars standard at 218bhp and should be around 280bhp now with all the mods and map.wot do you think?

Welcome to the site.

I assume its a facelift S3 with the power stated?

Get him to remove & reload mate, if N75 was goosed then would most likely of noticed problems overall, regardless of/before map given its a boost controller.

What mods?

hi, its a 2001 on a y reg.ive put the following mods on:front mount intercooler, forge 007p,forge tip, quick shift cone filter, decat and miltek exhaust system.

Was your car rr before and after remap ??

Has your car been checked for codes, I'd assume it had if it's recently been remapped...

Ive took it the garage and they said nothing wrong.i also had vag com on it for faults and nothing.Ive gone to the extreme of taking sensors from my brothers s3 and putting them on mine and still nothing.i spoke to a few places e.g revo and he thinks the softwares not been put on.could there be anything else or is he right?:redrs4:

Your car would be 210bhp at the fly wheel standard, so less at the wheels... 218bhp may be the figure at your wheels, are sure the car wasn't mapped before hence why your not noticing any difference...

Just a thought.

yeah he has a house dyno and did 6 runs.all the same.i spoke to him and he said the map was on because the car wouldnt run otherwise.now the bloke at revo said thats a load of rubbish.its a 210 engine and running 218 before any map

p-torque said he put the map on a few s3 with similar mods and got good power 282bhp 310ft lb.i dont think the maps on but i dont want to tell the bloke how to do his job.im going down 2moz morning and wanted some ideas before he trys to have my pants down

Last edited:
Huh, 2001 Y, 210 engine, should be a 225 facelift surely.

He's talking BS mate, trust me if you had a map you'd notice the hell of a difference for sure, they pull like crazy after a remap, mine was so different after a revo.

yeah mate 210, its not a bam engine.well if he cant get any power 2moz ill get my money back and its a revo for me.is it true revo are doing a Christmas offer

Huh, 2001 Y, 210 engine, should be a 225 facelift surely.

He's talking BS mate, trust me if you had a map you'd notice the hell of a difference for sure, they pull like crazy after a remap, mine was so different after a revo.

On that year it should be an AMK 210bhp...

No NHN, will be the 210 AMK and no the 225 BAM, think the guy's told you a load of s*** mate, doesnt sound like hes put the new map on.

To be fair Ash I wouldn't bother with any map bar a well known proven and trusted name,

Custom Code
Revo
MTM
JabbaSport...

These would be my options :)

yeah i no what your saying, ive seen good write ups on the seat forum about this guy.just trying to save money but in the wrong areas by the look of it.:sob:

Yeah totaly agree leggy, dont know why we havent got one.