RS8 wheels for an A3/S3

clcollins

Reaction score
I’m thinking of changing my wheels to RS8’s, but I do have a couple of concerns, which are:

1) Do they look to PIMP with their chrome finish?
2) Can chrome finished wheels be refurbished like normal alloys, does it work out more expensive?
3) Is there anywhere that sells OEM RS8 wheel with an A3/S3 fitment?

I think that’s it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dam it christian, I was talking about getting these wheels at the NW meet last week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think they look mint! Do it!

I don't want to offend but I don't think they look good at all. They're fine on the A8 but there's an A3 near where I live that has these and I think it looks terrible (too 'solid' looking). I know everyone has them but I still think the RSTTs are by far the best looking wheels on the A/S3.

Still, if you like them that's all that really matters.

They don't look too bad IMO. Not as 19's anyway.

But i think Ess_Three pointed out in another thread (do a search) that they weigh loads. But if you want style over performance then go for it.

Check out the TT in Augusts PVW. thats got them on and looks cool.

Regarding the refurb issue...well it appears that these rims are buggers to get repaired according to one wheel refurbisher my friend spoke to.

Wouldn't stick them on my A3.....but everyone to their own.

[ QUOTE ]
pure said:
Dam it christian, I was talking about getting these wheels at the NW meet last week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think they look mint! Do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg, I'm really sorry but I think I nicked the idea off you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Don't know if I'm going to do it just yet, getting a new interior in about 10 days (actually that was because I saw your car also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

So you could say you lead where others follow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I personally dont think they suite the A3/S3... bit too *bling* and the weight is GOING to have an effect... But asl already said, it depends on what you are looking to achieve.

Rich