Help with brakes

smokedandapancake

Reaction score
alright, just got my audi s3 2002 a few weeks ago couple of questions see what i get back, first is my brakes are squeaking,ive read on here that its pretty normal but its constant and really starting to annoy,its at slower speeds. also does anyone have an old or spare s3 owners manual as mine is missing, i just went into audi for a new one and they wanted 32 quid. many thanks dave:s3addict:

Google for a manual mate, probably find a download somewhere, brakes squeaking could be a few things, copper grease the pads & associated areas & also I would consider skimming the discs flat again as no doubt the pads have bore in to the disc & created a glazed surface that can produce the screeching, I skimmed my discs number of times on cars & it always cleared the screeching noise & better braking as no uneven surface from heat with possible warped areas, of course if the discs can be bought cheaply just buy a new set & pads, but your choice, not a hard thing to rectify mate overall.

Maybe you could do with new pads on the brakes, but I'm not sure. As for the manual, there's one on eBay that ends later today. Have a look.