Loving My Audi

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
£175 Brakes and disks all round (front & Rear) turning into a £400 (parts & Tools) nightmare - at this rate the whole car will be replaced bit by bit just from changing the brakes.

The list of terrible events that have occurred while doing a simple brake replacement.

1. G&S provided me with incorrect brakes.
2. Could not for the life of me retract piston when correct brakes fitted (Day wasted).
3. Rear brakes done after some councelling, progression and very sore hands.
4. Attempted front brakes (this is the fun part).
5. Front left went on fine as did disk.
6. Front right went on terribly....
7. Top bolt pin wouldn't go back on. Brought new pin from Audi for £10.00 (wan***S).
8. Still bolt would not go in - checked thread on Wheel bearing carrier...
9. Thread is ******** beyond recognition.
10. No one wants to stock or sell a 9mm Recoil set so I can't do a bit of D.I.Y to the carrier.
11. Brought new carrier for £135.00 from Eurocarparts.
12. Guarenteed 24H delivery - 48 Hours later and still waiting.
13. You'll have to wait and see how the rest goes. I know something else is gonna go wrong (I have to take the old carrier off still) and I've been to scared to touch her now after these events.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

joy joy happy joy joy. Didn't you mum tell you there would be days like these! Brakes are usually simple, but it can turn into a world of pain if you burr the head on the allen or strip the thread etc. The carriers usually come off ok, its the screw that hold the disks on that usually needs a good roasting from the gas. Hopefully all that could have gone wrong has and the rest will be plain sailing.