What I've been up to with my A3 tdi sport..(pics)

sulaiman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Guess it about time I should introduce myself here, been using the forum for a while now since Ive purchased an audi.

To get things started this is my old car if anyone knows it?
IMG_57473.jpg

IMG_5226.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

Served me well and got me my 2 years no claims bonus, so as I was getting older and insurance a bit more reasonable I decided to look for an a3 tdi..

It had to be a facelift sport, and ideally a pd100, saw a few dogs on my search which is a shame but snapped this one up when it was available:

Here it is when I got it:

19092009005.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

IMG_6453.jpg

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

Since those pics I have:

Fitted new numberplates
Aero wipers
Repolished the headlamps
Dewipered the rear
Removed the tinted rear windows
Replaced the bagdeless grille with a New oem grille
Replaced the steering angle sensor and recalibrated it (to fix my horn)
Given it a good clean
Sold the ill fitting headunit

And most significantly, fitted brand new H&R coilovers to sort the ride hieght:
IMG_6497.jpg

The result is how the car looks now below:

IMG_7151.jpg

IMG_7201.jpg

IMG_7254.jpg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome :)

Very nice mate as said much better looking now. Have i seen this car over on dw???

Seen your car over on Edition38 looks good mate. And looks much better since you had it i think the bagdeless grille ruined it a bit. Looks much better since you had it. Stance looks great with the coilovers!
I like the polo aswell...
Enjoy the car

Lookin good bro! You may have seen my other mates car which is a nicely done A4 S Line in silver. We have a lil shoot soon n meet up!

looks really nice mate :) a nice splitter would set her off nice!!

Yes alot better have to say, headlights done wonders for it.

Very nice clean looking car! :cool: The A3 isn't bad neither. ;)

Looks ten times tidyer! Polos nice too.

Thanks guys!

Very nice mate as said much better looking now. Have i seen this car over on dw???

Not yet, maybe once I've given it a machine polish next spring/summer, for now im happy for collinite to do its job.

Seen your car over on Edition38 looks good mate. And looks much better since you had it i think the bagdeless grille ruined it a bit. Looks much better since you had it. Stance looks great with the coilovers!
I like the polo aswell...
Enjoy the car

Thanks for the kind words. I agree about the grille, it just didn't do it for me.

Lookin good bro! You may have seen my other mates car which is a nicely done A4 S Line in silver. We have a lil shoot soon n meet up!

Sounds good troop, defo reached the limits of my point and shoot taking the above pics, so many were out of focus!

looks really nice mate :) a nice splitter would set her off nice!!

Cheers, what splitter you thinking of? I quite like the oem look.

Yes alot better have to say, headlights done wonders for it.

Cheers mate, I agree. While a big improvement over what they were I'm a bit picky so will replace them for some new ones once winters over.

Oh and I forgot to mention the only mod left on the car from the previous owner are the wheels, which I'll be changing in the next week after giving the new ones a small refurb :)

Vey nice mate, told you before and will say it again, its very nice, a very unusual colour and it is GLEAMING!!! :thumbsup:

That looks great, I like it a lot :)

Looks like there's some serious effort gone into the paintwork to get it looking good too. Not often I like green A3's but that looks spot on :)

gotta say when i saw the original pics of the car i was cringing slightly, but you have worked wonders on her mate, congrats on thus far a job well done ;)

its a very unusual colour, what is it called?

also do you know a couple of guys knocking round your area in toyota corolla tsports, just that i recognise the car park off the toc forum, may just be a coincidence though :)

Thanks guys, I know what you mean, I was happy to take any colour but got lucky with this one. When it was advertised I really wasn't sure on the colour at all as the pics weren't great but you really have to see it in natural daylight as it has a brown tinge which really makes it stand out compared to other green a3's I've seen.

It is LZ6S Pine Green Pearl, most popular on Audi a2's but I've not seen any in person only on the internet. Agree it doesn't look too great aesthetically in the before pics but I could see the potential when viewing it, luckily its been looked after mechanically. Drives really nice and tight.. unlike some others I went to see.

Jonny - you'll be surprised how many people go to that car park to get some snaps, I think the sainsburys staff find it a regular occurrence when blokes with cameras come and snap some pics of cars.. last time I went there two guys were shooting their clios with an slr..

Believe it or not its only had a thorough clean, clay and wax and the trim dressed, I look forward to really seeing how well the paint looks once I give it a machine polish next year :D

after seeing the polo i was expecting to see a euro a3 here especially after crawling down to the pics seeing the h+r collies,
looks good though any other plans??

Well after driving the polo on the deck for 2 years im kind of apprecating the qualities of a comfortable and practical car with useable power so this is not going euro at this min..

Keeping it slightly performace daily orientated, immediate future includes 18" genuine split rims with performace tyres to improve general handling and wet grip. Would like some 0.216 injectors next and then a remap but that will come after I replace these alloys with the ones mentioned above which have some better tyres.

Maybe next summer some 19" splits will make thier way on the car, but who knows what the future holds..

Hi,

No real update as such but felt to show what the colour looked like in bright sunlight:

IMG_7553.jpg

:)

She's looking fantastic after that makeover. I'm pretty sure I've seen you on the Great West Road A4

Really, what do you drive mate? I’m always up and down the A4..

Ok so that pic above was a few weeks old, here’s some I got on my travels today:

06012010018.jpg

06012010034.jpg

06012010040.jpg

Love the colour! Very clean (almost as clean as mine) :) Can't help but say that some bbs rm's would make that car look even sweeter!

Keep up the good work bud, you got anymore plans?

I like the way the understated mods you've made make a massive difference to the first pic, that badgeless grill really devalued the car imo.

Really like the colour as well! You thought about adding some fogs up front?

Very nice car indeed, keep up the good work...

Weird how you guys are talking about the A4 I travel that way every to work. But I hardly ever see any 8L a3/s3's, and I am in the market for one now, so I do actually notice them! :)

Last edited:
I'm on that road in my black 99 s3 almost every day. Holla if you think you see me boys

Cheers guys, Sandip I like your thinking, I have some 18" bbs splits to make their way onto the car soon, im just waiting for DHL to sort their act and and deliver the final piece to my wheel puzzle. Although I am glad they are not on just yet as the car was unexpectedly heading for a few kerbs yesterday! :O

As for mods I've got a long list, if I create one. There's a lot I would like to do to it but I wont make a list as such as it would result in me spending all at once and not concentrating on my uni work. But wheels will be next, I trialled two on the car and they transformed it IMO

I have thought about foggys and its another one of the mods I would like to do, but as for retro fit mods I will go for a centre armrest first :)

Will also keep an eye for you guys, although most of the 8l's I have seen have not been to my taste and oem s3 owners overlook the a3 lol

Are you planning on re-mapping or maybe fitting a tuning box???

I am looking at these atm (link is for your specific car 110 tdi):
http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-audi_a3_1.9-tdi-110-ps

Straight self install jobbie...

To all the guys that use the A4, if you get horned by a siver 59 plate focus 1.8... IT'S ME... For now... I need to find a car to join the fun. ;-)

I would go for a custom remap when it comes to the time, as I would like a smooth power delivery.

I am contemplating the same thing... NOW!

I bought the green a3 130 se today. YAY!

I will create a new thread to show off my army tank. :-D

Very nice car mate.

Ive got a 90bhp A3 TDI. Put 110bhp injectors in her and got her remapped and she is sitting at 130.6BHP at the moment. Cant beat the power in her.

Sounds good where did you get it remapped? I think I'll be taking mine to AMD when it comes to the time.

You should have tried the transporter 150 nozzles (0.216) suposed to give about 140-145ish bhp with a map. Plenty for me.

Yeah i no what you mean but 130bhp was enough for me as didnt want to push it on a 90bhp gearbox etc. you will be well please when its mapped.

Ok time for an update,

Well when I first got the car I wasn't the biggest fan of the rs4's but got used to them and they looked ok sometimes. Ideally I wanted to replace them but after I had done a few things to the car first as above, decided to go for the 18" BBS RS2 (rs803) 2 piece split rims that are found as an optional extra on the Audi TT 225 model.

When I first purchased them they were quite badly kerbed and required a mini refurb, I split the wheels and sanded most of the kerbing back and then primed, painted and lacquered the outer lip. Left them to dry for a few weeks and then got the tyres sorted. I went for Pirelli Pzero Rosso 225/40/18 at the front and Michelin Pilot sports on the rear also in 225/40/18.

The ride height remains the same as the rs4 and since the weekend was forecast clear weather gave it a wash and touched up any chips in the paint with the touch up stick purchased this week, I’m glad to say the lady in Halfords did a great job mixing it as the match is spot on.

Anyway took some pics today to show how the car is looking now, there’s quite a few so bear with me here..

IMG_8260.jpg

IMG_8264.jpg

IMG_8265.jpg

IMG_8268.jpg

IMG_8284.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

IMG_8305.jpg

IMG_8332.jpg

IMG_8349.jpg

IMG_8361.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers! :)

Those wheels look serious:hubbahubba:

I would... lol :)

Cheers lads, not sure what's next still enjoying the car every time it develops. Think I might give the engine a health check next, even though there's nothing wrong with it atm.

Looks sweet mate, you got the car spot on!!!

Cheers guys, must admit I'm very happy with the overall look now. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help that day bro! Got the car sorted out on monday. It went on a flatbed to my mates garage in the morning and was fixed by 5pm! Wiring was f***ed! I'll explain next time we have a proper chat!

The car looks really smart, wheels are looking nice as i said that day! Good to see you and thanks again dude :)