AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1st Gear

Status
    Yeah rs4's sold within a couple of weeks, troop no problem would hope someone would do the same for me if I was in that situation, sounds like it didn't cost too much though which is good.

A3 TDI Sport

2. # ADS
    ADS

TDi? Liberties!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sulaiman View Post
    Yeah rs4's sold within a couple of weeks, troop no problem would hope someone would do the same for me if I was in that situation, sounds like it didn't cost too much though which is good.
    You should update the pic in your sig ;-) The new wheels look great! Appearance wise the car looks fantastic... More power next?
    2001 A3 1.9tdi 130pd (Aka "Osama Bin Diesel") 130bhp 310NM = PMSL
    Done:

EGR switched off using vag.com. Full no expenses spared service. Refurb Gearbox, new clutch/flywheel.
    In the works:
    Mk II TT Steering wheel (No Airbag), vag.com switchable 3 stage map. Big brake kit. Hybrid turbo.

1st Gear

Status
    Hopefully mate, updated the siggy too. About time lol

A3 TDI Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Yes alot better have to say, headlights done wonders for it.

Which headlights are they? Face lift or after market?

The car is looking sweet! well done!

Thanks
    Craig

6th Gear

Status
    Very nice
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

4th Gear

Status
    Great transformation love those wheels!!!

Audi newbie

Status
    What offset are those wheels? I'm looking for some 18's and would love them to sit in the arches like that. My standard 17's seem to be set well in the arches.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/signaturepics/sigpic43927_1.gif

2003 ASZ 1.9 TDI Quattro Sport 130

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers lads, the headlamps are standard facelift headlamps, just been re-polished to brighten them back up a bit.

The offset in the pics are 8x18 et28 all round, they are originally et33 but I needed 5mm spacers up front to clear the coilovers.

However I've always felt the wheels were a little lost at the rear with just a little bit too much poke at the front so have now fitted 3mm spacers up front and 10mm out back.

New ets are 8x18 all round, et30 up front and et23 at the back. Looks 10x better in my eyes, will have to get some pics up when im on the pc next.

A3 TDI Sport

[censored]

Status
    I just wanna say as a photographer......you got a good eye for a back drop there matey...cool locations, its always a good idea to shoot a tidy shiney car in front of a rustic background to give dynamics. Car is nice looking too.

1st Gear

Status
    Martin thanks for the kind words, I do like to get some decent pics when showing any changes but I must say I am running out of locations lol

Well maintenance wise i've recently replaced the brake pads and also fixed a new problem which occurred which was to do with my reverse lights, I noticed they were becoming a bit temperamental and after a quick search it revealed it could be the reverse light switch on the gearbox, however in my case the wiring had broken loose from the connector so a quick trip down to TPS and I purchased a new connector, some repair wires and went home and stripped the loom down, a bit of soldering, heat sink and wiring loom tape later the problem was solved.

Also i've managed to source a pair of fog lamps for the front end, a pair of fog lamp grilles and a new headlight switch off ebay and have managed to fit those over the weekend which finishes the front end of for me.

Finally some pics to show the front fog lights and the new spacers since the last pics as mentioned above^

Some of the pics are from the same angle so sorry about that, wasn't feeling very creative today so just some quick snaps All comments welcome.

A3 TDI Sport

3rd Gear

Status
    very nice mate, love the wheels, the spacers really set the stance off! good job!

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers dude, however I do wish the pics appeared on this page instead of down the bottom of the previous lol

A3 TDI Sport

1st Gear

Status

Because I would like the upate on pg2 :)

Quote Originally Posted by sulaiman View Post
    Martin thanks for the kind words, I do like to get some decent pics when showing any changes but I must say I am running out of locations lol

Well maintenance wise i've recently replaced the brake pads and also fixed a new problem which occurred which was to do with my reverse lights, I noticed they were becoming a bit temperamental and after a quick search it revealed it could be the reverse light switch on the gearbox, however in my case the wiring had broken loose from the connector so a quick trip down to TPS and I purchased a new connector, some repair wires and went home and stripped the loom down, a bit of soldering, heat sink and wiring loom tape later the problem was solved.

Also i've managed to source a pair of fog lamps for the front end, a pair of fog lamp grilles and a new headlight switch off ebay and have managed to fit those over the weekend which finishes the front end of for me.

Finally some pics to show the front fog lights and the new spacers since the last pics as mentioned above^

Some of the pics are from the same angle so sorry about that, wasn't feeling very creative today so just some quick snaps All comments welcome.

A3 TDI Sport

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    car looks lovely mate. The front fogs really finish it as you say. i think its a must with face lift head lights. nice work.

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

1st Gear

Status
    Ok I think last time I updated this I had just fitted the fogs but they were only for show, having asked on here for a wiring diagram with no help I read a few generic guides on wiring foglights and worked out how to wire in a relay.

Luckily they guy I bought them from was breaking the car so while I didnt get the whole loom he gave me the connector which goes to the back of the headlight switch and I managed to work out the 12+ for the front fogs and simply wired in a relay, routed the wire through the cabin and connected up my spare HIDS to the front fogs:

4300k fog and 6000k dipped beam:

I've since changed these to 6k so it matches with the dipped beam but no pics of that sorry!

A3 TDI Sport

4th Gear

Status
    I like the look I think I have seen this car at ace cafe a few times.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers, have you got a black s3 on black rstt's? If so I've seen yours too, love it!

Continuing the back date of updates:

Next up was to get rid of those horrible retrofit wiper blades as they stick out like a sore thumb. Sourced some mk4 wiper arms and bought some new blades which not only work better but look much neater.

Also I was never happy with the way the rear of the car sat and despite measuring the height from ground to arch many times the drop was even on both sides and it was only when I fitted the 10mm spacers on the rear it became clear that the rear beam was misaligned as the wheel poked more on the drivers side than the passenger side and when carrying passengers this became even more obvious as the wheel was much closer to touching the arch on the driver side.

So next up was to realign the rear beam by loosening the mounts to the chassis, aligning and then tightening them back up. I was then very happy as the skinny passenger side gained some width and the drivers side lost some which is great because it poked more than desired.

They can be seen in these set of pics from DC2010:

Ok next up was the headlights, I've been holding them for over 4 months ready to put onto the car during the summer months.

I bought some brand new hella lamps because Im a fan of fresh crystal clear glass and its what made me like the a3 when it was first released. Seeing all the used examples with faded and dull lamps is a bit disappointing and I knew it would freshen the front end up no end.

Before:

Old vs new:

Car in pieces:

After:

A3 TDI Sport

4th Gear

Status
    very nice again. to answer your question, no mine is ming blue, std alloys. been going there for years now. I will introduce myself next time.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

6th Gear

Status
    looks good

1st Gear

Status
    An up to date pic at a local show, westside 2010

A3 TDI Sport

6th Gear

Status
    What happened to your BBS? For sale?

A3 1.8T Sport

Status
    Hrm... looking good still but I think I preferred the BBS... What prompted the change!?

1st Gear

Status
    I still have the BBS and they will be going back on for winter.

Well I was bored of seeing the car on the BBS's and fancied a change, I've always had a soft spot for Azev A's and when they came up for sale in 8.5x18" 5x100 I had to have them.

I think they suit it despite being a classic wheel.
    Last edited by sulaiman; 29th September 2010 at 17:34.

A3 TDI Sport

6th Gear

Status
    i like your new wheels
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

6th Gear

Status
    Car looks lovely mate, good stance, looks surprisingly good on the Azev's...

Nice for an oil burner !!
    revo'd

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    they look good those wheels mate. good to have two sets aswell so your can change and it look fresh and appreciate all the styles you can achieve.

if i wer you, id smooth the doors and get rid of the strips up the side. as your car already looks so smooth, it will suit it so well, and set it apart from others.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guys, agree two sets of wheels does make a nice change. But removing the side strips I am not a fan of it just looks too smooth, luckily the a3 side strips are not too chunky and are enough to break it up.

A3 TDI Sport

Pocket now empty

Status
    Car's looking good mate nice work.
    Looking at the pics I think i know some of those places. Does it start with a O and finish with a ton.
    Revo Stage 2 with all the Gear
    BHP = 274 / Torque = 293

1st Gear

Status
    which pictures are you referring to? The last one is at Chalfont cricket club.

A3 TDI Sport

Pocket now empty

Status
    No the ones in the car park. It looks familar. But im thinking south east london.
    Revo Stage 2 with all the Gear
    BHP = 274 / Torque = 293

1st Gear

Status
    Ah in that case its in a local Sainsbury's, but I've noticed many new Sainsbury's built with the same style of car park.

A3 TDI Sport

4th Gear

Status
    I saw you outside of Ace Cafe tuesday night, first thing I was thinking was what happened to the old wheels? I think these look very good as well.

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    What a bloody lovely car - even in green!!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    What a bloody lovely car - even in green!!!
    At least its not orange

Wana go Low gotta go Slow

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansmith View Post
    At least its not orange

Car looks great mate! How much did those golf aerowiper arms and blades set you back?

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    It's RED Dan!!!!!!!! lol
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

1st Gear

Status
    tis alright for a green car eh lol

The wiper arms were about 50 second hand and new blades on ebay were about 10. New the setup cost about 120!!

A3 TDI Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Just looking through Audi driver mag and spotted this car. Looks very neat. Love the new wheels bud
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Nice looking motor. How much were the new lamps? Did you get them from Audi?
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    Just looking through Audi driver mag and spotted this car. Looks very neat. Love the new wheels bud
    Really, will have to hunt the current issue down then

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Junky View Post
    Nice looking motor. How much were the new lamps? Did you get them from Audi?
    Managed to buy them separately from ebay after having it in my saved searches for over 4months. Got both in the end for 120 and sold my old ones for 70 lol Genuine Hella too, and all fully sealed so the finish should last. Makes a massive difference!

A3 TDI Sport

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast