Clutch Away :(

StevoS3

Reaction score
About 7-8 hours labour. Also make sure they replace the clutch slave cylinder at the same time, as it's a <£50 part, but prone to failure, and it's easy to replace at the same time, eather than it failing a few thousand miles down the road, and requiring the same labour again...

I got mine done at APS Brackley a few months ago, and the total bill was £800 including master & slave cylinders, and a new clutch, plus the necessary alignment after, as they have to drop the subframe as part of the job.

Cheers,

Cheers

I'm not possitive, is there anyway to check? I really dont feel like its the clutch itself as the i could only feel the pedal giving me the problems. went really weird n soft then finally stopped cumming back up to the right possition.

My clutch bite is pretty close to the floor, I take it there's not too long left in it. Am I right? I never remember if a clutch fades to the bottom or top of the pedal travel.

sounds more like the slave cylinders leaking making you lose pressure at the pedal end check to see if u can see any signs of leakage from where the g/box meets the engine otherwise your master cylinder may have packed up, if it does turn out to be the slave you may as well do the clutch at the same time saving you having to revisit.

I agree with S3Lee. Sounds like a hydraulic problem. Mine would be all squashy when first started, and would get better as things warmed up, but eventually I could not even get it into gear until it was warmed up!

Fingers crossed it's the Master cylinder, as that's easy (and relatively cheap!) to fix. Mine was the slave, which is a gearbox off job and costs around what i mentioned above.

Cheers,

well i found this bit of plastic on the floor n I've read a few things about the clutch pedal going and people finding pieces of plastic. Just thought this might have something to do with is as I dont have a clue where this could have came from lol

Yeah looks like the part that breaks of the clutch pedal. Good nes it'll cost less than 20 quid to fix, bad news is, its aright t**t to fit :)