Ex S3 owner Returns

tankie2ndrtr

Reaction score
Hey all, I first bout a 99 S3 in the summer of 07, had it for a year spent a bit on it, Remap, alloys, suspension, Miltek exhaust.... Then for some stupid reason I sold it! I know, one of the biggest mistakes I’ve made in recent years! I bought a Motorbike done my bike test and had a very fun summer of speed thrills and crashes!..

So winter is properly upon us now, and I’m fed up of getting wet ! and having to get my Ninja suit on to go anywhere ! This is why ive decided to buy another S3. The one I have seen is 2002, Black, with the same Blue interior as my old one, Hybrid Turbo, Full Miltek inc CATS. Its luuuuurrrrvley !

Cant wait to get back in the S-club! No not that annoyingly cheerful pop band.

Gary :blackrs4:

Signature is of old car... :(

You saw sense, lol, welcome home

Bikes are for gays.

Is this new car not the one that elmo guy was looking at but then decided on an R32 instead?

Yep, that's the same one 'elmo' went to see. Ended up not buying it and bought the far superior R32 instead :racer:

Here's the link to the thread. I'd have a read of his concerns if I were you.

Last edited:
Car looks great. Excellent polish work!

I don't think i like the way the alloys sit under the arches (i'd prefer 18" RSTT's with spacers) but should be a great car with plenty of power. Be interesting to see how much quicker the extra 30bhp is over your last S3. Its so much extra money for that extra 30bhp!

I thought I understood 'facelift model' to mean an S3 with the newer seperate piece lights at the front and the smaller thinner reverse lioghts at the back. This does not look like the facelift model, unless there's an even older face model pre-2001.
I always thought my 02 plate model is a facelift model.

I must say I am impressed with it's spec of additional optional equipment, I wonder what the drive is like on the alloys/rubber ?

Last edited:
A facelift model has a single headlight/indicator unit instead of a seperate headlight unit and a seperate indicator unit. The rear lights are slightly different too and the grill badge is the "S3" one not the 3 lines. The interior also has a digital clock, a different steering wheel with "S3" badge and the centre console has a few other subtle bits.

This looks like a facelift to me.

Last edited:
welcome back, looks good, I am not a fan of the seat colours, but everyone to their own taste. good luck

Thanks everyone, I am going to see the car on saterday morning, will let ya'll know how it goes :)