Need some parts

Cori

Reaction score
Hi all i posted a very brief post when i first got my lovely A3 :) but havent really been on since as ive been trying to sell my xsara vts which has hopefully now gone yay. Right so i need some parts for my car and ive emailed loads of people on ebay breaking cars and even walked around a scrap yard (in the pouring rain and ****** high heel shoes :no:) and cant seem to find anything.
So i need:
- a front drivers mat
- the clips that go in the boot lid to hold up the parcel shelf
- the holder and string that goes in to the drivers side of the parcel shelf to hold it up
and i think thats it for now, other than maybe the 2.5 tdi engine out of my other halfs A4 that he bought the week after i got my 1.9 a3 lol.

Any advice on where to get these parts cheap?????

Ta in advance

Hi, Try somewere like GSF or TPS. They stock the main dealers with parts but are usally half the price and what you need sounds like they wont charge much....The mat maybe a little pricey but it depends if you want a talor fitted mat or just any plain old mat.
Hope this helps....And high heels in a scrapyard sounds fun lol!

Want a fitted one as all the rest are fitted fussy but thats me lol. Tried a few websites and they dont seem to have the small clips etc but ill try again :)
Thanks

Just remembered i need a black glove box or just the glove box cover too

The websites are usless by the way haha, Try finding a phone number and ringing them up :) Id say get the fitted mats as there alot tidyer....Tryed Ebay?

Dealers are the best place to start even if just to get a price on what to expect... breakers tend not to keep loads of bits like that but Audi main dealers will have most if not all those bits listed on EKTA and sometimes its just not worth getting those bits any where else..

<tuffty/>

Yup tried ebay for mats and parts none of the little bits and the mats are sets but i only want 1 so dont want to buy a none genuine set to replace one

Have you tried searching the classifields on here? Maybe someone will have what your after?

The clips in the bootlid trim for the parcel shelf are:
8L0867775 - The stud that the string clips on to, you need one at each side.
8L0867723 - the retaining clip that goes behind the trim and holds the stud in to the trim, you need one for each stud.
go to a dealer for these bits, it is pennies for them.

8L0867791 is the retractable string that goes from the shelf to the stud.

You may also need the guide sleeve but the parts guy at the dealer can give you the number for that so you get the right colour for your car.

Are your mats rubber or velour?

Last edited: