EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Standard exhaust any good??

Looking for a quiet performance exhaust for my 1.8t sport. Have a jetex fitted to a miltek downpipe but find it way to loud. Looking either for a quiet cat back system or fitting the standard system to the downpipe.

I know the standard downpipe is restrictive but what about he rest of the system?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I ran the std exhaust system with a 3" downpipe and still produced 380 odd bhp but it did make the EGT's far too high so I had to change it for a 3" system. EGT's are down but has a drone that is getting on my nerves a little.

The std system is ok on a std turbo'd car IMO, DP and CATs are worth changing though.

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Cheers tuffty

Ok think i will get a reducer and fit a standard system back from my down pipe

Neutral

Status
    Thinking maybe it's blowing somwhere as everyone seems to think that jetex systems are suposed to be quite a quiet system

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alistair666 View Post
    Thinking maybe it's blowing somwhere as everyone seems to think that jetex systems are suposed to be quite a quiet system

There's a quick check you can do. Seal your palms over the tailpipes and listen for any hissing along the system. Easier if you have someone who can lay on the floor towards to front to keep an ear out for any gasses escaping.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    dont do it after a run though