just had wheels done

smudgy57

Reaction score
after hitting a few curbs (ouch) my wheels were starting to look a bit tatty. so decided to get them done at spit and polish, tonbridge , kent. was a bit doubtful at first coz i have never had this done before but picked them up this afternoon and i was pretty impressed. cost £230 which i thought was a bit steep (is it?) but once finished and back on the car it didnt seem to so bad. the only bit that i thought looked a bit odd was around the inside off the rim, its got that kinda painted look if you know what im mean, you can just see it in the pic. but all'n'all they look pretty hot!!!! my digi camera is pretty basic, so im afraid you wont get the true quality of the finish, but it gives you an idea. if anyone wants their number let me know and i will dig it up....

I hope that they did a better job than on mine. They had to go back three times and now after only 4 weeks one is corroding under the lacquer!

Audi had done mine when I bought the car (sold on now). Good finish, but you will never get the factory finish when restoring a wheel..............it will be very close, but not perfect.