Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Lifes one big laugh

Status

A list of mods for the 1.8t and a small review on each one

ok so there are quite alot of threads on people asking about different bits and how they are so below is of mods i have done and a small review. hope this helps change some peoples mind.

soild flywheel conversion and cluitch 510 fitted- this helps with cars that have been remaped, it makes your clutch feel more sporty and you can really feel it bite alot easyer and not slip. bad points is its a bit harder in a trafic jam as the biting point is alot harsher but you dont notice it as much as i thought you would! i would definatly recomend doing this upgrade to anyone getting there clutch done.

revo tuning 340- not much to say apart from DO IT

cold side dump valve relocation kit 115- this looks very neat in the engine bay it does make the ride a bit smoother and goes very well the the forge splitr and relocation, but on the whole a bit pointless but does make the life of your turbo better and the cold air feed better.

forge splitr- if your getting the just for the noise its not worth it as it is so quiet i braught it and ended up just running full recirculated.

cold air induction- this improves the sound and response immensly and would definatly recomend as a cheap upgrade. also try to get a shielded one with a tube intake so you can relocate it to the front bumper area so you get the coldest air intake possible! this runs well with the cold side relocation kit.

jom coilovers (very cheap) 175 - fully adjustable and improves handeling alot, also gives your car a very nice stance! definatly a must when improving cars handling

cat back exhaust - again improves throttle response and also releases that back pressure that is built up on the 1.8ts also makes it sound very very nice, makes it a bit more pokey

if anyone has any questions please ask and i will try answer them! i had loads when upgrading each thing!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    You got the 5 or 6 speed gearbox?

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    1.8t a3 5 speed 1998

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

Status
    Cool, just wanting to know as im wanting togo SMF on my s3.

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    smf?

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

Neutral

Status
    solid mass flywheel i think

Status
    Yep, thats correct.

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    ah right! yer its a good upgrade, bit rattely in gear one if your really listening for it with the window open but this is no way near as bad as i thought it would be! its very good for quick shifting and also is alot stronger than the dual mass! i think it has a lifetime warenty on it! i got mine from euro carparts for quite cheap, dont buy the very cheapest though.

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    I would go for a Soild flywheel on the A3 im buying if it slipped after the map.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    yerp thats what happened to me=) problem sorted

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

Neutral

Status
    I was going to go for the solid, but I was advised against it as I have the 6 speed box, was told it could cause problems with the 'intermediate shaft' or something

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 HODGE View Post
    I would go for a Soild flywheel on the A3 im buying if it slipped after the map.
    I did on my old one, made the drive soooo much nicer. Also engine RPMs build quicker not haveing to turn the extra weight.

Money well spent.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world