Windows 'auto up' does not work

marctwo

Reaction score
When I briefly press the window down button the window goes all the way down. But when I do it to put the window back up, a brief press does not work and I have to keep it up until the window is closed.

Any ideas?

It probably just needs re-programming which you can do yourself with the switch.

I just can't remember how /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Just pull the switch up for 2 secs with the windows closed and the keys in ignition to re-program one touch windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first got the car the one touch thing did not work at all (in either direction). I read in the manual about the 2 second thing and was very happy when it worked. However, now it only works when opening the windows but not when closing them. I tried the 2 second thing but it didn't make any difference. Can you enable/disable the one touch operation for opening and closing independently?

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
Is your ignition on. For some reason my A4 has one touch down when ignition is off but then not up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the ignition was on. I found this out when trying to raise the window after taking a car parking ticket from the machine.

Figured it out.

Ignition has to be ON when you do the 2 second thing to activate the one touch feature. Simply Having the keys in the ignition is not enough. Seems like it might be possible to enable/disable one touch windows for up and down separately although I did not have time to investigate this.

Thanks everyone!

Marc

My 2002 A3 only has full auto up/down with the ignition on. With the ignition off (with the key still in) it only auto's down. I think this is normal

My "One Touch" electric windows seem to keep resetting themselves overnight. They are fine when reset and when the car is parked for short periods of time but just not over long periods. Anyone got any advice??

[ QUOTE ]
My 2002 A3 only has full auto up/down with the ignition on. With the ignition off (with the key still in) it only auto's down. I think this is normal

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is exactly the same! I thought there was something funny! Why would they do that! mmm

hello,
my windows was good before some days (they was going auto up and down), but today I found that auto going up and down does not work if the car is started or not... I must hold button all the time... can there be crashed some relay? or what can be problem?
I checked all fuses and all was OK.
Thank you

Last edited: