EM TuningChris Nott
    Lifes one big laugh

Status

All I can do is wait and see!!

my car is currently in the garage having new coilovers and bushes fitted.

jom coilovers - 175
    bushes - 60
    fitted including all bushes and rear axel bushes- 300

so getting coilovers for 535 including fitting. it will be interesting to see how they feel being the 'cheap' ones! i will let you guys know. i am hoping there good as it has drained my bank account getting them fitted hahaha!

I HATE WAITING!!!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Sounds good, if you have before and after pictures, even better!

Car should handle nicely once fitted.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    well i was running lowering springs before so wont be much help haha but will let you know how it feels when i pick it up after work

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    that's not a bad price really mate, I was charged 180 all in for my rear beam bushes to be done at JKM, so around 120 for fitting the coilovers isn't too bad

hope you like it!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

1st Gear

Status
    hey mate did you get the basic jom coilys i have been looking but cant decided what do they seem like?? good quality?

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    ok after picking my car up from the garage and having to spend another X amount on 3 new tyres! AND the abs light is now on the coilovers are on!

i would just like to point out before i review them that before i was riding on standard shocks with lowering springs i have also used standard shocks and springs before this.

these coilovers i did not expect much as they are so cheap i was a bit sceptical but after leaving the garage my car felt like a go kart! i took it for a b road drive and it handles each and every corner perfect with little to no body roll! the suspension is noticbly harder and also gives your car a very nice drop. when exiting roundabout it makes you grin all across your face! no underteer even in the rain! i dont know what they are like compared to other coilovers but to be honest i would quite happily get these again! and with one year warenty you cant go wrong! they are some times a bit clunky over drains but apart from that you cant complain!! although this is day one, but i will keep you all posted!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Hmm....I may end up with an A3 soon and i was thinking of getting the Cheaper JOM coilovers....How low can they go? Were they off Ebay may i ask? I so could you PM me the sellers ID so i can buy of the right seller.
    Thanks
    Adam.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    yer they are from dpm performance ( damian) hes off the audi forum! give him a ring off his website. the ones i have are the cheap adjustable jom ones. with regaurds to lowness i adjusted it right down and my wheels rubbed in the arches! i have it set to about a cm clearanc of the arches atm and it looks and handles very nicely! i will post some pics up soon once i have a camera!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeeebo View Post
    ok after picking my car up from the garage and having to spend another X amount on 3 new tyres! AND the abs light is now on the coilovers are on!
    it's entirely possible that when pulling the struts off at the front they've knocked the wheel speed sensors. these are fairly sensitive, and the plugs snap off REALLY easily when they get old and brittle. I know as one of mine snapped when i tried to move it to fit my shocks, and it's now got spade connectors, and silicon to seal it up!

if the sensor is damaged, they're 50 from audi, or 16 from GSF!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    ok cheers for that info! its back in the garage at the mo so i will find out! my back speed sensor went a while ago so have worked out how to fit these myself as you said gsf all the way!

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Thanks for the Info Zeeeebo.
    I will purchase some the morning i sign the V5 for the A3 i buy lol.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    haha nice=) hopefully you will like as much as i do! feels like a go kart

-AUDI A3 1.8T-