Oil Temp

Seizure

Reaction score
Is there anyway an A3/S3 can show oil temp somewhere without installing an aftermarket dial? My old '87 Jetta had one, so why doesn't this one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Already gave that a scan myself - Didn't see anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

no oil temp on the climate as far as im aware.

Bu99er!!!

There must be someway of displaying the oil temp. Can't believe it isn't monitired by the car somewhere what with the turbo and all.

you can by a gauge for this. you ll have to plumb it in though

Yeah, it's a bit odd that there's a spot for an oil temp unit, but Audi (in their infinite wisdom) opted to leave it empty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The part that the oil filter screws into has a spot for the temp sensor, you just have to remove a plug to fit it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Haven't done it myself, but doesn't look TOO hard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Yeah, it's a bit odd that there's a spot for an oil temp unit, but Audi (in their infinite wisdom) opted to leave it empty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Bunch of eijuts.

So does the car not monitor oil temp at all then? When do you guys start giving giving your car a bit of stick after a cold start? I've been running mine up to 3K rpm, whcih seems quick enough to get you somewhere without ragging it, until the coolant guage gets to 90. I think thats warm enough to give it more stick. But there is always a thought at the back of my mind that the oil warm up slower than coolant. At least it does on NA cars.

About 5-10 minutes behind depending on weather/driving style. I couldn't believe the 1.8T didn't have one, cos my old A4 2.8Q has one.