Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097

    Service & general tidy up

    weather permitting im going to do a service on my s3 this weekend, just all the usual stuff, plugs oil etc etc

    after seeing what some owners have done to their engine bays in a previous thread, mainly tidying up the boost/vac hoses that clutter the top of the rocker, it has insipired me to do the same for two reasons, nicer to look at and making it ten times easier to get at the 3rd & 4th coilpacks/plugs

    can anyone shed some light on how this is achieved as i've searched the forum and come up with nothing, heres a few pics i stole from the aforementioned thread of how i would like my bay to look, with time



  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Sandip's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,369
    Hi jonny87, the main thing you can do firstly to tidy up is do the n249 bypass, once thats out of the way you can really start cleaning. There are a few threads on the n249 bypass, very easy to do, all you need is some spare vac pipe and some basic tools.
    The n249 bypass basically gets rid of the vac chamber and the masses of little pipes related to it, you can run the can without the n249 but the leave the plug attached as it will throw up fault codes.
    1. Disconnect n249 from piping and tuck away safely, i put mine above coilpack 1
    2. Disconnect vac pipe from the dv and vac pipe below the inlet manifold ( its underneath on the left hand side).
    3. Remove the whole assembly above coilpack 3 and 4.
    Now it should be looking pretty empty
    4. Now connect new vac pipe from dv to the inlet manifold.
    Done
    (think i've covered most of it)
    Its a start
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software


  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    178
    intresting stuff i dont suppose anyone has a guide on how to do this, i think my problem lies in the n249 from a previous thread of mine,
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...d=1#post851954
    so it will be intresting to see how it runs once this is bypassed,
    i just dont want to start taking things apart untill im 100% sure on what im doing, also mine has 2 pipes running to the inlet (APY 2000)
    any advice or links would be gratefull, i want to try this today.
    Last edited by ex_scoobydoo; 28th November 2009 at 07:56.

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    178
    ok i have pritty much figured this out now , but what about the vacume pipe that goes to the N112 the right hand side underneith of the inlet manifold

  6. #5
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by sandip View Post
    Hi jonny87, the main thing you can do firstly to tidy up is do the n249 bypass, once thats out of the way you can really start cleaning. There are a few threads on the n249 bypass, very easy to do, all you need is some spare vac pipe and some basic tools.
    The n249 bypass basically gets rid of the vac chamber and the masses of little pipes related to it, you can run the can without the n249 but the leave the plug attached as it will throw up fault codes.
    1. Disconnect n249 from piping and tuck away safely, i put mine above coilpack 1
    2. Disconnect vac pipe from the dv and vac pipe below the inlet manifold ( its underneath on the left hand side).
    3. Remove the whole assembly above coilpack 3 and 4.
    Now it should be looking pretty empty
    4. Now connect new vac pipe from dv to the inlet manifold.
    Done
    (think i've covered most of it)
    Its a start
    cheers dude, as soon as i get my hands on some spare hosing il have a bash at this, il look up some other threads on here now i know what im looking for too il get some pics up of my handy work soon

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    178
    just done mine mate
    followed this sort of
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4048354&page=1

  8. #7
    Sandip's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,369
    Put a pic up bud, has it made any difference to how it driving now?
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software


  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    178
    it does seem a little more responsive, but i wouldnt really like to say at the moment mate because i have another issues, il try get a pic up later for you, i dont know were the wife has put the damn camera

  10. #9
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    what inside diameter vac hosing do i need to use, if its the small one that comes off the dv my guess would be somehwwere between 6-10mm?

  11. #10
    Sandip's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,369
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software


  12. #11
    Ross_S4

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_scoobydoo View Post
    ok i have pritty much figured this out now , but what about the vacume pipe that goes to the N112 the right hand side underneith of the inlet manifold
    That controls the secondary air inlet valve mate.

  13. #12
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    178
    yer although i think i have done this correct could someone confirm please

    the vacume pipe is going straight to the dv
    a second pipe was going to the n112
    in front of the vacume pipe is another pipe going to the fpr
    i read on another forum to t piece the n112 pipe into the fpr pipe which i have done

    does this sound correct ?

  14. #13
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by sandip View Post
    sweet, just ordered a length, hopefully be able to get it done next weekend, cheers bud!!

  15. #14
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    sweet, just ordered a length, hopefully be able to get it done next weekend, cheers bud!!
    Planning on doing this myself - probably tonight to be fair, I want to test and see if it's causing me a problem under boost whilst using an N75J...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  16. #15
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Planning on doing this myself - probably tonight to be fair, I want to test and see if it's causing me a problem under boost whilst using an N75J...
    cool dude, get some pics up when its done, yours is different to mine though, as you said in your other thread your n249 valve is above the rocker?

    mine is located under that metal plate screwed on just below the inlet manifold, wonder why its different?

  17. #16
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Jonny, I've posted a how to thread for this - see here N249 Bypass How To (2000 S3 - but same for many).

    I know yours is different, but the basic priciple will be the same, you'll just have to hunt down which pipe is which...

    Hopefully this thread will help though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO