Audi sat nav 8L

02audis3

Reaction score
Got standard Symphony radio with double din, built in 6 disc, If i remove this will the 8l audi sat nav plug straight in?

its coming out same year of car

cheers.:blackrs4:

pic- hopefully can plug right in
!Bf8lZnw!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmV5FdBLDUUqlVy!~~_35.JPG

Last edited:
Yes should be plug and play mate!

Make sure you have the code for the new system!

forgot all about that faz :icon_thumright:

No its not as easy as plug and play. I installed mine some time ago but the sat nav still dont work. You have to connect up the Gala wire and another wire for the 2 speed signals.

No its not as easy as plug and play. I installed mine some time ago but the sat nav still dont work. You have to connect up the Gala wire and another wire for the 2 speed signals.

Were would you go about getting that done mate..

LOL thats why mine aint sorted. I have asked so many people which wire goes where and aint had a actual answer yet so kind of given up.

I think you would need a GPS antenna for the sat nav to work,wouldnt you?

Bought one for the R32 I had, but never got it to work properly!

02audis3, are you going to be selling the symphony. im looking to change mine over. ive got a s3 pre facelift, so would need the rest of the stuff aswell. in the above picture. (the console) let me know if you want to sell. :)

You will need the following:

A GPS Antenna which can be hidden in the dashboard area.
A cable adapter, they are on ebay or best place is www.kufatec.de
You need the RNS-D Navigation plus adapter, not the RNS-E one.
You also need to reprogram the car using VAG COM.

At this stage you will have the head unit working by itself, but nothing in the DIS.
To get this working you would need to find a TMC tuner box, and another adaptor cable from Kufatec.

I have a guide on how to do all this, can dig it out for you if you still fancy giving it a go...

02audis3, are you going to be selling the symphony. im looking to change mine over. ive got a s3 pre facelift, so would need the rest of the stuff aswell. in the above picture. (the console) let me know if you want to sell. :)

sandip... bet you to it mate lol. only selling if i win satnav on ebay in about 9 days

na just jokin mate..... ive thought about it as love the OEM look, simple fact is though the Tomtoms are far more capable than these when it comes to graphics, routes and other bits n bobs..... otherwise id be going the same way ;)