Trackers And Thatcham Alarms.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Well seems as my NCB's are out the window, im having to look at lowering my insurance come january.

Im looking at getting the TRACKER Horizon for £239 then £132 a year or a one off payment of £342, it looks like it will help lower my insurnace but is there any better or cheaper ones out there?

Also looked at fitting a thatcham 2 alarm and it didnt even change the price, are our systems on the s3 as good if not better?

Thanks
Dan

Your OE alarm is already a thatcham unit mate.

You getting her fixed under insurance? Glad to hear you remaining positive.

You coming to the RR day??

Are, thats why.

Well the back yes, the front noooo, thats going to court, probly get 50/50 if lucky.

Got to mate but the insurance is going to be even worse :crying:, goint to have to try and put the folks on too to help lower it.

i have a navtrack system fitted to my 911 its a top class driver identity recognition system meaning you have to carry a card on you and when you start the car it checks for the card and if it cant find it it shuts down the car and contacts the control centre who call you and then calls the police and directs them to the car, its the same system fitted on all ferrari's imported into the uk , cost to fit £1000+ yearly cost £300 , i enquired how much i'd save if i turned it on

Wait for it £35 per year:jester:

wow hence its still off , i pay £300 so my insurance can find my battered car and repair it cheaper good deal NOT :blownose:

Rob

Dani_B19 - You won't be dissapointed with the Horizon. Seems like you're getting it for a decent price! Discount? I work for Tracker in the Control Room. Typing this at work right now lol. Gimme a pm if you want help or advice with anything. :icon_thumright:

Jay

Or just to add the £342 is for every 3 years lol.

Dan, the £342 covers you for the ownership of the vehicle and is simply a 1 off payment. No other payments after that!

The every 3 years subscription is only for our top model, the Tracker Response. The subscripition for this costs around £400 every 3 years. That's the one which requires you to carry a drivers validation tag everytime you turn the ignition on in the car and whilst driving. We can track you every second of the day and you can also log in online and view it on any pc (providing you remember your login and password of course). But the Response costs just over £1000.

The Tracker Horizon is brilliant, no offence to anyone but when these cars get stolen it gets interesting! We can request GPS positions from the Tracker to see its where abouts which means police will get it in a matter of minutes. GPS works via satellites just like Tom Tom's, so if the car is hiding where it cannot see the sky we cannot get a position. This is where our VHF radio technology kicks in. We're the only tracking company to have this contract for VHF (very high frequencies). It can be tracked through concrete and steel, ie. whether the vehicle is hidden in a container or an underground car park. We're also the only tracking company to have a contract with all 52 police forces in the UK. 1 more thing, if it get's shipped across the border it's all good, we'll still recover it there via our tracking partners in many countries.

As you can tell...i enjoy my job! lol :)

Jay

You sure jay, dont want to challenge your knowledge mate, its just the kid i was talking to at Ecartec ltd said this:

The Horizon Unit has a yearly or 3 yearly subscription service available

1 year = £132.00
3 year = £342.00

Unfortunately Tracker do not offer a ‘lifetime’ subscription only the 3 year duration offer. As you can appreciate we can only try to compete with the supply and install prices, the subscription costs and payments are all done by Tracker

Nope, that's false. Some dealers and installers get confused with subscription pricing sometimes. I used to work in Subcriptions & Customer Services for a year and a half and that was always the case. The 3 year Duration only applies to the Tracker Response. You can call the sales team and they'll say the same thing matey.

Jay your a legend mate. Btw have you got the sales teams number? Going to get the missus to call and get me some discount :).