Hot weather on Performance

DamoS3Q

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Has anyone noticed how much of a difference the hot weather is having on performance. My S3 seems soo much slower when its really hot???

Has anyone rolling roaded theres on a cold day and a hot day?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hot weather will always cause a loss of power, thats why its best to get a dyno done in the morning. If you take your car to the dyno on a cold day at low altitude, it will make more power. And if you take exactly the same car back to the same dyno on a hot day, it will make less power. But if you take the exact same car to the "standard" dyno (where the temperature, humidity and pressure are all carefully controlled) on those different days, it will always make exactly the same power.

The main way to get more power out of an engine is to think "RAM AIR APPROACH." You want to get more air into the combustion chamber thus increasing the mechanical efficiency in the detonation/volatility of the combustion process......and you want this extra air as cool as possible because with cold air, you have more molecules per cubic area of volume.

I really notice the weather conditions in mine as Andy says, really bogs down on a hot day..........

But at night she goes like STINK!!!!!!!!

Yep, heat makes a lot of difference. There are several solutions I have come across - bigger air intake, bigger intercoolers and cooling water jet. I'm going to give the wate jet solution a try!

Dan

about a month ago when it was really warm, one particular sunday was very hot and humid. after about an hours driving it felt like i was pulling an anvil!!!!andalso the gears seemed bit stiff had trouble with 1st and 2nd and reverse. once it was parked for an hour or so everytning was back to normal. before i took off back home again i removed the two fog lamps just to get that bit of extra air into the front vents. seemed to make a difference but it was stating to cool down a bit as the sun was going down......

Turbos and warm air dont mix and is a common problem.

Those fogs can be restrictive...........I take mine out over the summer and put them back in for the rest of the year.