Auto style sports seats.

emery1990

Reaction score
Has anyone had an expeirence with these seats. Of course I would love some recaro bucket seats but these are really cheap. http://www.auto-motives.biz/sports-bucket-seats/bucket-seats/

Or would it be the case of get what you pay for. A seats a seat isnt it? I dont want wont know special tools on it or anything so wants it to be reasonably comfy just standard?

Or could anyone else recomend some decent seats. Couldnt find no recaros second hand on the bay.

Reason why, I'm keeping ym quattro but putting it on a diet of 100kg. ! Or even break into the 1200's kg

cheers

TBH mate they look gash.

Im putting mine on a diet but while still keeping the creature comforts, air con, heated seats etc.

What you loosing to get rid of that much weight?

What the auto style seats or bucket seats in general. They dont look good i know lol I woul rather find an oem looking lightwight seat. Well its annoying me thats its heavy and it hasnt got the power to compensate, i was thinking of changing to the auq a3 fwd, but after a think last night thought Id rather have 270bhp through 4 wheels. If i make it as close to the weight of the fwd anyway i wont have to change.

Ive made a little list on what i could take out replace and how much it would save me.

Really needs to find the weight of my seats though, going to take them out, cant find any info. How you planning on putting yours on a diet ?

The auto style ones.

Stick with the quattro.

2 piece discs front and back, losing the spare wheel, lightweight alloys, carbon fibre bonnet, carbon fibre wings, possibly carbon fibre boot but still undecided, about 100kg there but a few ££££ lighter haha.

You?

Yer they did look a bit sh***y!

Sounds good.

Well i added this up to 120kg- light front seats- loose rear seats ( cant remember the last time i used them, easy enough to put back if needed though)- Spare tyre and lightweight alloys. But needs to weight the front seats to see. Ive presumed to be on the 30kg mark each ?

I like the carbon fibre idea though. My way would not cost to much eaither if i can find some decent second hand seats.

Well mine front seats (heated, full leather) weigh 50kg each i think, if i lost the rear seats and the front leather i could save about another 60kg but i like them too much haha.

Well im just waiting for a second hand pair of wings to turn up then i can sort out getting them carboned :hubbahubba:

What thats well heavy lol. mine could be verging on 40 then, just not heated and half leather only! If you went light weight seats and loose the backs youd save 100kg. lol But comfort would been severely reduced! Mines going to be a weekend car now when i gets my van so i can put up with harder less comfy seats!

You had any pricing or anything yet for the carbon. You going to leave it bare or get it wrapped?

Not yet, theres a company around me that do carbon and also a chap on here.

Wings on there way, should get them tomorrow :rockwoot:.

I know, if i didnt like the seats so much id lose them, we'll have to see, need a new clutch first, think its time for lightened SMF and a nice uprated clutch.

Ah kushd.

Did you end up getting the team dynamics 1.2's was just reading one of your threads about light weight alloys as i wanted to find the weight of the pro 1.2's. They are 9kg for the 17 inch ones :D 7-8kg lighter than oem ones !

Nope, ended up skint at the time haha. Still looking at them but just a bit pricey, looking at subaru alloys at the minute, want some white ones though.

lol Ohright. I might give him a pm or something see if hes still got them and selling for a decent price.!

Yer white would look smart, are the suburas alloys quite lightweight then ?

Well depends whic you go for, but subarus just have a wider chouce of cheaper lightweight alloys. Same stud pattern for our car so just widens the feild of options.

Just ebay, pistonheads and edition38 mate.

try performance trim for your carbon parts? i know one of the chaps who works there, they might be able to help you out if you supply them with the original parts to create moulds etc

Doubt ill go carbon tbh, would consider fibre glass and just get it black Carbon fibres to dear for me !

Am i looking for these sizes

WHEEL FITMENT:
Size: 7.5x18" 5x100/114 ET45

but with a pdc of 100 or 112?

Wouldn't all this lightening really unbalance the car? I was thinking about taking the back seats out for a track day I'm doing at the weekend! But then I thought all the weights already at the front, wouldn't it unsettle the car and make it handle badly?

Did you only read the bottom thread lol That would put weight on ?

Its going to be just a car for me as long as the outside looks good I dont mind what the inside looks like.

No there only about 15kg it wouldnt make hardly any difference, Its gotta be a big amount of weight.

Been looking on search for a while and cant find any anything.

What type of alloy do i need. I wants 18/225 but what pcd and et(?) i think ive seen 112 and et35 ?

Ok thanks. How much of the 35 can you get away with, them subauru wheels your on about our all like et45, very nice and cheap though. ?

What you mean how much can you get away?

Told you, you seen the multi fit white ones off the honda type s?

because my wheels are et35 amd the subarus ones are et45. How would i make them fit?

No ill take a look.