EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Intermittent Lack of Boost

Hello,

I am having a strange problem with the S3 lately. After starting up, and warming to ~90 degrees - the car is not boosting right. It's like no boost from turbo at all. If I stop down and restart - nothing - the same as before. If I leave the car a few minutes and then try again - It's back to boost. But then again some times after a bit of going strong it's back to square one - no boost again. It's driving me crazy.

What is your opinions on this?

Regards
    Gabi

PS: no codes on Vag Com

2. # ADS
    ADS

cock locked and ready to rock

Status
    hi gabi,

i had this same thing,

ended up changeing quite alot to find out that the problem was a faulty n75 valve. i had maf, boost pipes etc all changed.

still get it sometimes but i think i need to change the maf again as i had a used one put in and havnt swapped them back.
    wanted : in arm rest cup holder, front S3 badge
    for sale : pre facelift rear light clusters, 4 x rsTT 18" reps, concert tape stereo working order with code.
    someone can HAVE
    the for sale stuff for the wanted items, and a detail [COLOR=Red]
    "owning an S3 on a budget" yeah right, good luck
    forge 007, CC Stage 1, 19" rs6 mk2 reps, all new pipe work, new turbo, empty wallet.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am also suspecting N75 after reading alot. But, wouldn't it throw some code in Vag Com? Is there a way to test it?

Thanks again
    Gabi

cock locked and ready to rock

Status
    not sure really, i just stood there and smoked while the guys at storm developments had there head's in the engine bay. test run after test run after test run.... fixed. but they said they changed the n75 and it was fixed. mine would boost only at 4k and i would get the whole lot at 4.5k. then it would go into limp mode (maximum boost presure exceded) was the vagcom error. strange how yours doesnt log a fault....!
    wanted : in arm rest cup holder, front S3 badge
    for sale : pre facelift rear light clusters, 4 x rsTT 18" reps, concert tape stereo working order with code.
    someone can HAVE
    the for sale stuff for the wanted items, and a detail [COLOR=Red]
    "owning an S3 on a budget" yeah right, good luck
    forge 007, CC Stage 1, 19" rs6 mk2 reps, all new pipe work, new turbo, empty wallet.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]