Exhaust help needed ?

alistair666

Reaction score
exhaust-1.jpg

needing to replace my knackerd exhaust i have sourced a milltek downpipe and a jetex cat back stainless system

this pic shows the downpipe on the left to jetex center. was expecting the jetex to fit over the downpipe after seeing the slits in the pipe but when fixing together the jetex fits snugly inside of the downpipe

will this be ok to fit this way and will i need to cut some slits into the downpipe to make it close up over the center section

cheers

Not sure if I totally understand what you have got but shouldnt there be the cats between the down pipe and cat back exhaust? If not and those two pieces do need to go together then you will need to make some slots in the outer pipe so that it will clamp down onto the inner piece.

IMG_0065-1.jpg

sorry ben

on the left is the 3" milltek downpipe which has the sports cat and on the right is the jetex center section

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't weld it as exhaust joints like this one are very handy for adjusting the system fitment. As suggested buy a sleeve or cut some slots in the outer pipe but make sure they are not parallel as the gasses will leak out. Where in the country are you? I may have a sleeve somewhere.

cheers guys exhaust fitted yesterday after an afternoons work

happy with the fitment but not the noise, i thought jetex was the quiet performer

it sounds very deep and boomy and and tends to drone could this be the 3" milltek downpipe ?

im not adverse to loud exhausts owned a scooby with a magnex and an evo with a super dragger but this just sounds too deep

any sugestions ?:think:

id like to keep the miltek downpipe after seeing how restrictive the original was

so i think options are either find a quieter catback system / backbox or to fit the old genuine system to the miltek downpipe

any ideas

Would anyone advise fitting a 3" downpipe with a standard center and backbox?