AGU head.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening all.

Just want to make sure im a 100% on this, i can definately fit a AGU head onto my APY motor canti , all the valves etc can just be swapped over, no modification needs doing to allow it to fit is there?

Or just to add is a £100 for a skimmed AGU head good? Been trying to get a price to compare it with but cant find any other heads to compare it with.

If you are being supplied a head already skimmed for £100, thats good, if someone is charging you £100 to skim it, thats too much.

No thats the head already skimmed.
£50 for a large port head! Where you getting them from andrew?

I think he means £50 to have it skimmed. If you can buy a skimmed AGU head for £100, that sounds good to me :icon_thumright:

Whats the crack with an AGU head then, bigger ports?.

Mine's AGU,...does that mean I have something semi decent on my engine for a change??? :)

Whats the crack with an AGU head then, bigger ports?.

Mine's AGU,...does that mean I have something semi decent on my engine for a change??? :)

Normaly it means it's better except on yours. :lmfao:

It's a larger port head, TBH you will not notice a huge difference on a normally tuned engine. It's not until big power where the small port/large port issue comes in.

Small port heads tend to provide more tractability due to the air velocity, where as a large port tends to give better overall power

Normaly it means it's better except on yours. :lmfao:

It's a larger port head, TBH you will not notice a huge difference on a normally tuned engine. It's not until big power where the small port/large port issue comes in.

Small port heads tend to provide more tractability due to the air velocity, where as a large port tends to give better overall power

So it I decide to replace the hair dryer thats in my exhaust system with a proper turbo its a good thing to have?

Yes mate, it certainly is.

Tuffty has still made a reasonable increase with a small port head !!!

Pah,....I laugh in the face of his minute 'ports'....if you can call those small holes ports that is :p

Hey... i'm about to sell my old A3 AGU.... Does that mean I should swop the heads before it goes :w00t:

Yes and no, itd be aright ball ache swapping everything, you'd need to sourece a small port head and manifold to match.

Feck it.... If it's not a stright swop then i can't be bothered. I would have done it a few years ago.