Driver door catch/striker problem?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi.
Over the last 2 days ive had an issue with opening my drivers door from the outside.
It unlocks fine, but when i pull the handle to open it the door only opens part way.
Then the exterior handle becomes useless.

Which gets me some odd looks in carparks when im heaving on the door to get it open lol.:banghead:

Any ideas?.
Now door lock/ striker?.

it kind of opens onto the 1st catch then with plenty of jimmying/pushing closed it eventually opens.

Any help/ guided repair would be very helpful.
Many thanks
Callum

pretty sure its the door lock itself, i just went out armed with some wd40. it seems that the moving part isnt fully returning to its rest position. it sort of jams part way.
Also makes a double clicking noise compared to the passenger side which is silent.

Any ideas on the repair cost?. ive heard just short of 100notes for the part. then i guess its the same as a mk4 golf to change the lock???

you need a new door lock mate happened me and i got one on ebay sorted problem perfect.

i got a brand new passenger one and second hand drivers one on ebay for £28 delivered and fitted it myself. Its a handy job if you know how to removed interior frame and door cards...

interior frame??? eugh... guess it isnt the same as a mk4 golf then?
Cheers for the replies.

you can work around and keep interior frame that regulator etc on but its tight squeeze mate.