Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 stereo problem

I have a 1998 A3, the original concert stereo has no power going into it at all. I have tried an aftermarket stereo this activates the CD loader and then also dies. The fuses in the stereos are fine, the relevant fuse in the fusebox had blown, I have changed this but it did not make a difference. Does any know why this is? and what can I do?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    You have two different 12v supplies to the HU. A permanent live which is 12v all the time which retains memory functions, and an ignition on live which is only 12v with the ignition on and is used to switch the HU on/off with the ignition and ultimately power the HU. As such you will have two fuses in the fusebox protecting these 2 supplies. A radio fuse (perm live) and a radio S-Kont fuse (ignition on live). There is also a fuse on the back of the HU.
    You need to do some checking with a 12v testing screwdriver. Test the black ISO power connector. You'll have a red wire with white stripe (perm live) and a yellow wire with red stripe (ignition on live). Both these need to be 12v with the ignition on.
    If they aren't then check the fuses.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner