Brake Fail

jdas03

Reaction score
Hi,

Got a problem with my brakes. I was driving down the road, been about 2 or 3 miles when i had almost total fail of the brakes.
I could push the pedal to the floor and only then would i get a little bit of braking.
The ESP light also came on and stayed lit regardless if i pressed the button again.
So i pulled over and switched the car off, it was dark so i could see much so i got back in and the brake pedal felt firm again, so i drove off again up to about 40 went to apply the brakes and same again, bake pedal to the floor followed by ESP light lighting and staying lit.
I managed to get the car home very slowly and when i looked under there was fluid coming out the bottom of the car, it was leaking from quite high up i think onto the axel.
I looked in the fluid reservoir and it was just about half full.
I just had my discs and pads changed to EBC brakes and fluid changed so this is really odd.
I have a track day on the 28th and i need this to be ready for then, any thoughts on the problem?

Cheers

jdas

It will be the worn pipe problem. there is a pipe that runs across the rear of the bulkhead that rubs and wears thru. Common fault sadly.

Do a search a few have had it, its's that or the alloy restrictor block thing mounted also near the BH

could be the same issue as many have had the the pipe that comes out the brake master cylinder at the end nearest the engine rubbs through the oil pipe that runs to the turbo most of the time this happens after a cambelt replacment normally as the pipe can get tweeked and go un noticed, it was such a comon problem that awsome gti offered to check people foc a while back,
do a search has been coverd previously

Great cheers for the feedback.
Really not on in my eyes, i have complained to Audi about this see if i can get something done about it.
Not impressed and right before my first track day too!

I had this happen 2 years ago now,
The pipe has a flexi section in it if i remember right,
I got towed home and then after pricing the pipe up from audi ( something expensive ) i had to make the car safe to use, So i cut out the damaged section then used a brake pipe flaring kit to fit a new section to the pipe, ( Female threaded connection on either end of the pipe and 2 male connections on the new section )
This was always going to be a short term repair but its worked spot on so as i cant see it and the seal is spot on ive left it alone,