Help, central locking motor

Mpathe

1st gear
Reaction score
im having trouble syncronising my 2 key fobs on my 99 s3. i recently changed the motor because it broke and got one off an N reg a4 without remote central locking. i fitted this and the central locking started working with the key in the lock, so i tryed the method with the two keys 1 in the ignition and the other in the door but it wouldnt register anything no flashing lights or anything. changed the batterys in the fobs, still nothing.

so i asked my friend to put it on vas and it couldnt access convience or central locking, so didnt get any closer. im wondering if the coding on the pump is wrong i think its 1416, does anyone know what the coding should be, thanks in advance mike

I've got exactly the same problem. I replaced my pump yesterday with one from an A4 estate (to fit my A3 1.8T sport), the part number was the same except the last letter was different. From previous experiences with part numbers not being exactly the same, i had a thought that it would not work. When plugged in the central locking was working fine with the key, but not at all with the remote.
I did take my original pump apart to see if it could be fixed (surprisingly easy), but parts were broken inside. I have taken the parts off the replacement pump, and put them on the original and know it works.
Is this something you can do with yours?

I thought that the central locking was controlled through the alarm, so it could just be the central lock pump does not match with the alarm.

sorted now after ages of searching, just needed the code changing thankfully found the codes at audiworld/tech.co.uk and using my vagcom shareware its all sorted. which has made my day, :yes: thanks