Ouch! Car park drama, front bumper/panel advice required

oyohbb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got back to my car in my local supermarket to find the front of my car snashed. My bumper has a massive dent in, and the front panel behind it is also cracked, sending the alignment of my passenger side headlight all over the place.

There was no sign of the driver involved, so I am going to have to get it fixed myself. The guy who had hit me actualy left a note on my car, but all it said was "Sorry I hit your car". One of the trolley boys saw it, and said that it was an old Volvo that reversed into me.

I have a black 2001 Audi A3 tdi (the one with the all in one headlight). I need to get hold of a new front panel, and bumper. A bumper is £250 for an OE one on GSF/eurocarparts, or a pattern one is £70.

Are there any good pattern bumpers, or are they all ill fitting and a pain in the **** to get right. And is this the same for the front panel as well?

I don't know where to look for a second hand one, I have looked on here but there are none available. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance :)

Yep, the trolley boy reckoned that its because people saw the crash, so he looked like he was doing the decent thing

Nope, I asked, there was no CCTV in the car park :(

Gutted for you mate.

Theres always a few things kicking about on eBay...

as well as searching for "Audi A3 Bonnet" or whatever, search for "Audi A3 Breaking"..

Good luck,

hi mate im in process of replacing mine, so will be selling the bumper! its black in good condition apart from a light scuff which will probably polish out. do you need the lower parts also?

Hello mate,

Yeah, that would be great. I think I'll need the lower parts too, if you have them going.

Would you like me to PM you my contact info?

Cheers