Workshop manual..

mark_sarah

Limp mode!
Reaction score
I need to know where all the earth points are in my 1999 Audi A3 1.8T sport. Any one know where i can down load a workshop manual? Or advice me on where i can purchase a decent usable copy?

Thanks thats great, don't suppose you have got wiring sensor workshop manual for the rest of the car?

I don't take any credit for that, it's off this site.

What electrical problem do you have cos someone might be able to help narrow it down for you.

My speedo does not work, and the fuel gauge is irratic. I've tried several things, including changing the road speed sensor, and cluster. But I've recently been told by a garage that he has seen this before on an A4, and it was a bad earth.

Did you find a solution to this problem ??
I have just found exactly the same problem with my 2000 A3 1.9 tdi se !!
And would be very grateful if you could help me resolve this.

cheers
:sob:

Not as yet, though i have ordered another road speed sensor. If that does not sort the problem out, i will be looking at the earth points under the car.

Before your speedo stopped working was your fuel gauge ok?

my mistake sorry, not my speedo but my rev counter !!!

all went together, fuel gauge shows max if more than quarter of a tank but seems to work accurately below quarter.

As soon as i turn key to accessories, temp gauge shoots to maximum, even before the engines started!!! Then the alarm sounds and thermometer icon shows constantly on the dash LED

Rev counter seems to work ok, but did go crazy on the first day this madness started. Idling on 4000 then resting at 3000 when i turned the engine off, next morning it had returned to 0 and has worked normally since???

Any ideas ?? Anybody ???

Cheers
:wtf: :tumble: :sos: :banghead: :sign_unfair: