Exhausts

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
I am wondering whether to get a new exhaust when i get my car chipped. I am a bit worried though that it will be a bit too loud (the number of times i've laughed at Corsa's with massively big and loud exhausts) to drive comfortably on long Journeys.
After looking at various websites, the Milltek seems most popular, without anybody mentioning anything bad about them. AMD seem to charge £1750 for this and a remap. But, Qstuning (much nearer me) offer this for £1285 ( Qstuning site ). Is this the same? I always thought Qstuning was more expensive than others, they charge £850 for a remap alone.

Does anyone have any other recomendations?

I am planning on deciding everything I want (at the mo, remap and Neuspeed ARBS) and get them done at the same time, (after some serious saving!).

Cheers,

Rob

AmD charge £1750 for the Milltek cat back system with the Milltek Sports Cat as well.

£999 for the cat back system (using standard cat).

From what has been said before, the sports cat ain't worth £750. Supposedly you can see through the OEM cat, so it can't be that restrictive!

I like the Supersprint system as an alternative because I have heard stories of mis-fitting Milltek systems.

Qs tuning use the words "Middle and rear exhaust system in stainless steel with twin tail pipes (70mm)" how does this differ from the AMD "Full Stainless Steel Exhaust and Milltek Sports CAT"? Both Milltek, and both quoting similiar power increases? Probably a stupid question.

Any help would be good,

I'm sure everyone is out to confuse me,get me mind set on amd doing remap n exhaust with cat then this pops up.Is this best combo or not i'm also open to suggetions how to make it less painfull on my wallet to gain as much bhp as possible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the cats are not worth the money ,just have the cat back and the chip or if you have £750 to chuck away get the cat or send the cash to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Youve just made my mind up.Now which way do i chuck that £750 arghh cant aint got it but my choice has rapidly decreased the time to chip the old beast.

i had a jetex cat-back system fitted to my A3 when i had my remap, nice exhaust note but nothing silly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

didnt realise performance cats were so expensive!

I spoke to jabba and if im correct they charge around £800 for the full system (+ Cat) for an A3 1.8T fitted.

YOGi