A3 brakes

jayfrts

bouncing off the limiter!!!!
Reaction score
Need some advise from the fountains of knowledge on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There's no other way of putting this, but my brakes are CRAP!

I'm having to replace the rear pads tonight as they're gone totally, will probably need to replace the disks but that'll have to wait till i get back off holiday.
Anyway i asked the Memsab if we could think about putting a set of Rich's EBC stage 2 kit on, and was told 'WE ARE NOT SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY ON THAT CAR!!'

Which presents a predicament for me as i cannot stand the standard brakes, especially with the AMD chip. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the standard disks with maybe grooved or vented etc, did it make any difference?

Also the only other thing putting me off the EBS stuff is i want to keep the standard rims, i like the look on peoples faces when they get whoop by my old grey tugboat!!

Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Jason

[ QUOTE ]
jayfrst said:
Need some advise from the fountains of knowledge on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There's no other way of putting this, but my brakes are CRAP!

I'm having to replace the rear pads tonight as they're gone totally, will probably need to replace the disks but that'll have to wait till i get back off holiday.
Anyway i asked the Memsab if we could think about putting a set of Rich's ECS stage 2 kit on, and was told 'WE ARE NOT SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY ON THAT CAR!!'

Which presents a predicament for me as i cannot stand the standard brakes, especially with the AMD chip. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the standard disks with maybe grooved or vented etc, did it make any difference?

Also the only other thing putting me off the EBS stuff is i want to keep the standard rims, i like the look on peoples faces when they get whoop by my old grey tugboat!!

Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

What about ECS stage 1? uses stock callipers but uses 330mm discs... And you can lie about the price! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Drop me an email to richard@jbrperformance.co.uk and i will see what i can do for you!

Rich

I did think the stage 1 kit would fit under stock rims?

If so you might have to muller my credit card.......not Amex this time, also might get round to ordering the in pro chrome wing mirror covers.

I'll mail you so we can talk business!

PS please don't hurt me!!:p

Well having had EBC grooved and drilled discs on my car for over a year now I will certainly say that they are a vast improvement over standard....I have had a few issues with the greenstuffs and would recommend that anybody that is a 'Driver' uses the new Ceramic redstuffs.

The greenstuffs are not up to really hard driving and although will keep your rims nice and clean are not the best for most, especially a chipped A3 or an S3.

I'm just about to fit redstuffs on mine, as I do like the EBC products and the problems I've faced have always been dealt with in a profeesional manner.

Cheers Gambba,

Looks like i might have to go down this route then as the stage 1 conversion won't fit under the standard 16in rims.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Well having had EBC grooved and drilled discs on my car for over a year now I will certainly say that they are a vast improvement over standard....I have had a few issues with the greenstuffs and would recommend that anybody that is a 'Driver' uses the new Ceramic redstuffs.

The greenstuffs are not up to really hard driving and although will keep your rims nice and clean are not the best for most, especially a chipped A3 or an S3.

I'm just about to fit redstuffs on mine, as I do like the EBC products and the problems I've faced have always been dealt with in a profeesional manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich can you supply the EBC disc Gambba is talking about??

If so i think we'll need to talk business again!

[ QUOTE ]
jayfrst said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich can you supply the EBC disc Gambba is talking about??

If so i think we'll need to talk business again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep we can! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Daniel, you fitting std Redstuffs? Or have you gotten your hands on some of the new Redstuff Ceramics?? I'm thinking of getting the Ceramics and maybe the EBC discs all round too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich, you know/see anything on the Ceramics either?

Thx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Rich... how much are ECS stage 1 disks (330mm)?

What pads are used with them?

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
Rich... how much are ECS stage 1 disks (330mm)?

What pads are used with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really worth it at £559+vat. Add a few £££ more and get some proper good brakes!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Hey Daniel, you fitting std Redstuffs? Or have you gotten your hands on some of the new Redstuff Ceramics?? I'm thinking of getting the Ceramics and maybe the EBC discs all round too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich, you know/see anything on the Ceramics either?

Thx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be getting the Ceramic versions (Free hopefully), but these are the replacement for the previous non-ceramic one's.

The ceramics are on the shelf now, saw them at the Dutch distributor the other day.

The greenstuff wear too quickly with my style of driving and have been recomended to use the redstuffs ceramic by the importer, so hopefully they should be throwing me a new set of front discs and some redstuffs to suit FOC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mike, I'd be tempted to keep your ATE's and just match them to some redstuffs, think of the pennies left over for other mods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif