Forge 007P Dump Valve Spring question.

lloydsta101

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've seen in a few threads that most of you are running the Green/Yellow springs depending on re-map and cars performance etc.

My 007p DV came on Tuesday and I was going to fit it this weekend, but out of curiosity I opened it up to see what spring was in there. I found that there was neither a Green or Yellow spring, but two Grey/Metal springs pushed together inside (one sitting in each piece of the dump valve).

Is this normal, as I've never looked inside one before and not sure weather this is how it was supposed to be? It was fitted to a car before as I bought it used, so can I just fit it as it is?

Eventually I will be getting a remap, so will get one of the coloured springs but it might not be for a while... so just checking it's ok to use in the mean time.

Cheers peoples.

Really, I thought it wasn't right. Good job I'd been reading through a few previous threads then and noticed. Will it cause problems then if it was fitted like that?

It's got some wear marks around the edges of the bits that fit to the car, so it's either been used like that or the spring has been taken out and replaced with those two since removing it from the car.

Grr, got to wait even longer to fit it now! :aggressive:

Mine came with the green spring...

Like badger has said in another post, why make it harder for dv to open ??

Westle the green comes as standard, the yellow is recommened for re-mapped cars but alot of people stick with the green.

When buying you can specify which colour you want, its just alot of people say the green makes the engine feel more torquey whereas the yellow seems to let the engine down.

I only said yellow Leggy because my mate at work took delivery of a new 007P this Tuesday and it had a yellow spring in it!

Yeah to be honest does seem a bit random how some suggest green and some suggest yellow, I guess if your happy with either who cares...lol

Though I have read that having the wrong spring can reduce the life of your Turbo, how true this is though I don't know...:shrug:

Thanks for all the help guys. If they come as standard with a Green spring, then I think I will go for that. My car is only standard at the moment, so hopefully that spring will be right for it... like Westle said, either is better than running two bare metal springs. God knows where they came from? :think: