Guide Pins & Wheel bearing housing

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
Hey Guys,

I was in the middle of replacing my front disks and brakes, which was going all good untill I got to the Right side front wheel.

Now I have replaced the disk, the pads are in fine but the top caliper guide pin has lost its thread and also screwed up the thread in the wheel bearing hosuing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have tried to alternate the two caliper guide pins, as to use the good lower caliper guide pin in the top to see if it would rethread but to no avail.

Am I looking at having to buy a new wheel bearing housing or is there some sort of tool that I can re-thread the housing with and a matter of buying a new caliper guide pin?

Any help would be great; and If I have to buy the whole wheel bearing housing where can I get one from (obviuosly not wanting to pay the stealers for a new one!!!).

Regards

pretty sure if you can get it towed to a good local mechanic he should be able to drill out housing and put a TIME insert in if there is one the right size.. Had shocks replaced on previous car and one of the bolts seized and snapped so they did the above in half hour.
Did you really give it some welly when tightening up the pins as these normally are only guiding the caliper so the forces applied when braking will not work these pins loose. Hand tight with a spanner till spanner starts to bounce/flex not socket normally ok for most cars have done previously unless something special about these.