Show your engine bay

Sandip

Reaction score
Hi people, thought i'd start a new topic, sure it hasn't been covered before.
Basically i'm after making my engine clutter free, trying to get rid of as many things as possible without causing too many faults. I've done the n249 bypass which has helped alot, just thought if there are any other things i could do to tidy it up a little more.
I like my cover off by the way, i have nothing to hide:happy: and the coil packs need sorting i know, i'll do them next week lol

Here are my pics

PB120980.jpg

PB120981.jpg

Looks good sandip, Nice and tidy, looks like youve attacked it with some auto smart :)

It would look even tidier with the cover one! You can get carbon fibre covers, far to expensive but look sweet!

You can ditch the black plastic bit that sits infront of the dipstick, it sits ontop of the N75 valve and all its gubbins. You can even ditch the whole N75 if your car will run without hitting limp willy mode. You can also ditch the battery cover and tidy up the battery!

Put battery in the boot :) lol. Did you use a pressure washer?

Was thinking about battery in the boot, hmm....

No i've never pressure washed it, although i think the garage i bought the car off 3yrs ago did

Lol, would free up alot of space....dont need washer bottle, Rip that off and put that in the bin just carry some glass cleaner and pull over every 10 miles :) hehe. Im going to clean my engine bay and get a picture up tomorrow :D Wish me luck.

SNC00046.jpg

Reactions: Giovanni_Argento_Italiano
Spent loads on that engine and is still for sale, It made over 250bhp before it was rebuilt to what you see above

The manifold was coated, lots of custom made parts done by myself on CNC machines, dry sump was a bitch to make and fit, I could go on about everything thats been done to it but it would take all day

I had enough with the project and wanted to move on so i sold loads of parts and got a cheap S3 to start over again

lol, its definately not a sleeper with an exhaust like that!

no but you wouldnt expect or appriciate being rinsed by it would you :Flush:

Tom that looks awesome!! tell me how you did that? my neighbour did a similar thing but without the detail around tyhe rings and turbo badge...painted or decals?

Here's my motor...

3775260002_4bcd045868_b.jpg

3775258172_4c20ec1ff7_b.jpg
Looks very tidy Tom! I like the glossy cover with the red detailing:icon_thumright:

Has anyone else got the annoying problem of the window scuttle panel popping up all the time? I thought mine was a bit tired because of all the heat from the turbo, so changed it but the ****** thing still pops up, i cleaned everything thoroughly before i put in on but stills does the same thing, is there a special way of putting it on? lol

Tom that looks awesome!! tell me how you did that? my neighbour did a similar thing but without the detail around tyhe rings and turbo badge...painted or decals?

I saw one being done on here by someone else so thought I'd give it a go.

Just sanded it down and then used high build primer to get it all smooth and then more flatting. Think it had about 10 coats of gloss black, then I painted the rings etc and put about 5 coats of clear on it all. Took a ****** age, much longer than I wanted it to take but it was worth it in the end.

This is a thread with someone esles on that made me do mine (although I reckon I did a better job :laugh:)...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=75701&highlight=Painting+engine+cover

T

Has anyone else got the annoying problem of the window scuttle panel popping up all the time? I thought mine was a bit tired because of all the heat from the turbo, so changed it but the ****** thing still pops up, i cleaned everything thoroughly before i put in on but stills does the same thing, is there a special way of putting it on? lol

I did have following my remap (had it off to get to the ECU). However when I had my windscreen changed a couple of months ago the glass guy fitted it back in properly. Its been staying put since, I think they're just ****** tricky to get to stay in. I think he started in the middle and worked his way out to the sides.

T

Tom that look beautiful mat but it's too much time, effort and money for my liking!

I say take the cover off and ebay it for some cash :icon_thumright:

It might be a good idea to buy old engine covers from ebay then do what you did and sell them back to people, could be a nice earner :think:

Tom that look beautiful mat but it's too much time, effort and money for my liking!

I say take the cover off and ebay it for some cash :icon_thumright:

It might be a good idea to buy old engine covers from ebay then do what you did and sell them back to people, could be a nice earner :think:

I'll admit once I got half way through it I though "I wish I hadnt started this". It took ages, sand, paint, sand, paint...yawn. I'm a bit of a perfectionist though and wasnt happy with it untill the finish was spot on :ninja:

I'm not selling it though, too much time gone into it!! :) I'd never make much dosh doing others either, with the amount of time it takes to do one its just not worth it.

15832_202490231275_513461275_4627381_5524641_n.jpg

i very much like the shiny look you have gone for tom

hear is mine
work in progress got the water hoses to replace in red. got a carbon cattery cover coming. and a red corner hose.

DSCF1157.jpg

DSCF1158.jpg

and sorry the pics are so small ic ant resize them!