How to change oil breather?

TDIQ

8L > 8P > 8V
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on how to change the oil breather pipe? I tried to but I can't even get the old one out of the block as it seems to be stuck in. I took the clip holding it in off but I can't access it very well.

The Haynes manual doesn't have any info about changing it either.

Thanks

I assume you are talking about the pipe at the top of the block on the airbox side? If you already have a replacement but cannot get the old one off I would just slice it with a stanley blade.

I took mine off the clean it yesterday and the piece it goes into which splits into 3 pipes was packed with oily crap as was the valve it connects to. I've read up and it seems that it is normal for oil to build up in these pipes but was was particularly bad and the build up was limpy/ gritty. Its easy to check so I'd suggest everyone checks/ cleans theirs. I Also found that the pipe going into the 3 way split that comes from the front of the engine was only just hanging on, by fixing this I think I solved my issue with reving when changing gear.

2jcc4dc.jpg

The one with the red ring round it. I wondered if anyone had any experience changing it? I've removed it from the oil cap piece, but can't get it out the block :keule:

Thanks again