Will S3 recaro seats wire and fit straight to A3?

jack.s

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone knows weather the electric front recaro seats wire strait in to the a3, my as a3 does have the electric bit fot the back of the seat to move in and out but the recaro's are fully electric.

Without checking the schematics, you may have to cross link some feed wires or even run another feed to them, not exactly a hard job overall, its a case of if the lumbar feed for your car was meaty enough to handle the fully electric current when in use, minor problem overall.

I have just been looking at a set of Audi recaros for mine as the drivers seat is playing up at the moment. The guy selling them told me the ones he has are manually adjustable apart from the lumber support. I thought the only electrics to the lumber support were for the heated seat element.
I also looked at a full cream leather interior with full electric seats but I'm sure mine hasn't got the wiring loom in place for these.

Any advice appreciated

Whats up with yours & are yours electric atm?

Mine are the standard TDi grey alcantara material ones. The drivers back rest keeps moving doesn't like to stay in one place, ie not holding on the adjuster at the setting I put it on. Yesterday it moved about an inch backwards when I was driving and as it's my daily driver I need to fix it or replace it and leather is easier to keep clean.

a friend wired some full electric S3's into his Leon....no probs at all.... just a live feed IIRC

Well you'd need +/_ & maybe some airbag wiring possibly, it wouldnt be to hard, but speaker wire isnt hard enough for it unless its uprated, lol, 10-15amp would be the one to use, into fusebox using a spare fuse location, so need a repair wire from audi for this & no doubt the negative/ground will be in footwell so its fairly simple, dont use an existing circuit giving the current/load these use when in use, cause you'll blow that existing circuit probably & lose other functions.

the airbag wiring should already be there....but agree a seperate circuit if you can, plenty of empty fuse holders in the box on all models if your ok with that type of thing

My mate has asked me whether I could put Mk.2 (8P) seats in as a straight swap as he may have the chance of an interior out of a 2004 A3.

All advice appreciated as usual.

id assume not as the 8p was a redesign....no doubt they kept some similarities.....for his sake i hope the seat frames :)

The 8P has 4 bolts to the floor, now I know from my S3 8L it had 2 bolts at the front & a roller/wheel operation at the rear, so they wont fit unless you make up some rails to fit to the floor to bolt to.

i have put a set in my a3 they are a non heated set they pluged straight in and bolted straight in all i had to do is put a bigger fuse in sorted