Parrot Bluetooth Kit

StrmsekS3

Reaction score
Hi again guys!

ive decided on installing a Parrot CK3200 Colour Bluetooth phone kit in my car and i was wondering if anyone had installed it excatly what cables i need for it too fit in a 2002 S3 with single cd oem head unit, i also have a phatbox installed.

wanna order everything before i start with it

not sure if i need some telemute cables etc etc

all help appricated

everything you need should be in the kit, the only thing you'll need to do is mod the ignition feed from the ISO plugs, cut it and attach under the steering column on the 'live' rail

its a simple case of clicking the ISO's in between your existing ISO's other than that

I installed the Parrot 3200 unit into my Bose euipped car. Very easy to do. I just had to use the tele mute spades on the back of the headunit and for speakers and power. I'll hunt out the diagram i used when i get home

mine ck3200 was 100% plug and play into the concert stereo on my A3, no wires to change at all. the kit has a single mute lead into the control box, but 3 possible mute leads into the iso plug in the stereo, it's simply a case of looking at the back of the radio for which pin is the mute, and plugging in the right wire

one of the best things I've ever bought!

Had mine fitted by a mobile fitter no problems at all best one iv,e used with i phone, have a nokia kit in my van and its crap with iphone
Ian

Here's the pin out of my bose HU i used:

Choruspinout.jpg

Ok cheers for that guys really helpful

just to clarify then the parrot kit will have everything? no need to order audi specific cables etc? been reading a lot and tends to get kinda confusing after a while as not all in same car.

cheers guys also any unobtrusive ideas for mounting?? i dnt like drilling holes in interior panels

cheers

I stuck mine on to start with but it was terrible. Now its on the mount they supply and it slides nicely into the edge of the vent surround. Looks neat. Will take a pic today and upload it tonight

Mine is stuck using the dash mount it comes with and fastened using black silicone. Sticks like glue but if you want to move comes completely of bu rubbing with your finger. I used this method to attach my Road Angel to my old golf and was on there for 3 years and when i took it off could not tell it was ever there.

With the Parrot kit the only thing is if you are going to use it for IPOD. As the parrot kit will only utilize the speakers and not any amps subs etc.

To solve this i bought an aftermarket stereo and used the the pre outs that are wired into the parrot kit (i can tell you which wires they are).
This way the parrot kit feeds into the stereo as an aux unit meaning it uses the stereos amp and my other amp not the measly 20w amp built into the parrot control box.

i have replaced my 3200 with a MKI9200 ipod parrot..... to get the rear amp working you need a connect2 (£30) box , connect the parrot to this by converting the line outs to phono..... simples....the parrot then uses the stereo amp instead of its crappy own....no new HU needed and your car remains OEM :) .... the CK3200 is NOT ipod enabled though so not relevant

You will need to connect it up as i have already stated and then cut the ignition feed from the ISO plug and redirect to just underneath your dash..... otherwise your parrot won't work..... it isnt plug and play with the 2002 S3, my old T plate was plug and play however..... final job is fit a spade clip to one of the mutes (the one that works) and manually fit it to the upright plug space o the back of the HU

if you jhave any probs let me know and i can cover in more depth...this is exactly how you will have to do it, bose or non bose, the rear HU connections are the same....

I know as i have fitted 6 of these parrots kits in the past, 3 of which to my own A3/S3's

Unless you wana make the trip to sheffield, will take me 20mins :icon_thumright:

Tim

Last edited:
yeah trouble is my car is in Shetland haha long trip!!!

cheers for the help guys, thats reason iam looking for as much info so i can order everything before i get home (work offshore)

may will pick your brains again animal...
anyone with any pics would be helpfull also

cheers lads

As animal said if you car is an earlier type that doesn't use CAN bus then you will have the switched power in the ISO plug, if you car uses CAN bus then you don''t have the switched power at the head unit and the parrot won't switch on.
When I installed my kit I used a scotch lock connector and connected the switched power to the wire that feeds the CD changer or bose amp I can't remember (but it was either the bottom left block or bottom right block in the picture above, and the one with a picture of a switch and a + sign.) You need to switch on the HU initially for the parrot to get power but then you can switch off the HU and the parrot stays on.

Hello again some more advice required.

i have been attempting to install the parrot kit however no power now from what i understand i need too modify the battery and ignition connections anyone have specific advice about this?? where to cut them etc?

as i already had a car kit fitted (old Nokia one) they had used blue snap connecters and had taken the power feed (i assume) from the top right hand connectors in pic above can i use these to supply power to my parrot battery and ignition? one connection is the earth and other is positive?

if not where excatly is the best place to take a live from?

and do the speaker connection just one iso in the centre of stereo?

cheers guys