Anyone wanting to sell their S3 ?

ex_scoobydoo

Reaction score
Anyone wanting to sell thier S3 ?
im looking for a tidy s3 guys
i have around 4200 4400 max
i looked at 3 yesterday online all which got sold yesterday
sods law.
black silver or grey ideally, im not to keen on red or ming blue.
distance isnt really a problem, im willing to travel to find a good one.
any intrest let me know
thanks

I'd save up some more pennies and get a decent S3 if you can mate, it would be worth it in the long run

Id say £6,000 will get you a decent one but the prices seem to have crept up since i bought mine 6 months ago.

And i agree go for black, best color when its clean !

Id say £6,000 will get you a decent one but the prices seem to have crept up since i bought mine 6 months ago.
Very true, during the reccesion period 6 months ago, you could have maybe picked one up easily for under £5k, but in recent month, prices have started to creep up slightly.
And i agree go for black, best color when its clean !

BLACK is BEST! :)

I would look at a 1.8T Quattro for that kind of money, if you even find an S3 for that money its sure to be a nail

For a decent 1.8T Quattro your looking at £5K now, as said, prices have shot up across the board, you get a decent Civic Type-R for £5K 6 months ago and they have shot back up to £6K

I got mine for £5200 and it really needs some TLC and i've had some engine problems ( 76k miles ) wait a bit longer and save up to £6000 rather than £4200

yer im in no rush realy, im saving as im waiting, but on the off chance sometimes thier is always that person who needs to sell fast so lets it go cheap. hopefully:eyebrows:

nice car but im not into the colour
and im not the sort of guy to go for look a likes,
i prefer the real thing.
i guess i can just save up as im waiting, and keep my eyes open
you never know something decent could always pop up in the meantime.

I believe you should save up some £ as any thing less than 6k n you may end up with a "project" on your hands. Colour choice, "black is a faster a colour" does that include kacney cabs.lol I would say if your hoping for your S3 to blend in with rest of the traffic then go for silver. Best choice in my opinion would have to be noggy blue. grey is also a nice colour. I myself have a kingfisher blue, I would advise to see an S3 with this colour in the flesh. Im not computer literate n have no cable or what ever else is required to upload/download pics of my S3 but am willing to txt them for anybody else to put em up. thanks :s3addict:

I would definately save up a bit more than that, even if you could get one for that which seems cheap,

It may be cheap for a reason,
loads of nice ones about for £6500-7000,

i know its more, but you could end up spending alot on stuff, that fails,

They are not really cheap car to run if you want to look after them, Iwould definately look for one that has been looked after, etc, as it will bite you back in the end, imo

I like how people who are buying seem to think S3's are worth nothing, and people who are selling are wanting top money for theirs. There needs to be a better balance.

If you're interested I'm selling mine fairly soon. 2001 facelift Nogaro Blue, FASH, 111k on the clock, Bose, heated seats, armrest, chrome mirrors etc. Looking for around £5800. Will come with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax

Currently in the process of changing thermostat and exhaust manifold gasket and it's good to go.

DSC02242.jpg

Last edited:
I like how people who are buying seem to think S3's are worth nothing, and people who are selling are wanting top money for theirs. There needs to be a better balance.

If you're interested I'm selling mine fairly soon. 2001 facelift Nogaro Blue, FASH, 111k on the clock, Bose, heated seats, armrest, chrome mirrors etc. Looking for around £5800. Will come with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax

Currently in the process of changing thermostat and exhaust manifold gasket and it's good to go.

DSC02242.jpg

Good price for the spec and mileage!

I was looking at S3's for about a year before I actually bought one and was prepared to pay up to £6000 for a decent one. I've watched the prices going up during this year, but still managed to find one for £4250!

The mileage on mine is pretty high (124,000) and is probably what puts a lot of people off, but it's got full Audi Service History, 2 Cam Belt changes and lots of other receipts for various bits and bobs... still has original Audi Owner’s Manual, Leather Care Guide etc. and all 3 keys with it too.

So there are some good ones about for less, just got to keep your eyes peeled and check every detail when buying!

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)

thanks nick, but i checked everyone of them i knew about them, 1 have been sold yesterday and one today (silver one) apart from the black 135000 mile s3
and the black one on ebay for £4000
and the grey one that looks rough
either of them 3 dont really apeal to me, the black one is nice but 135000 is a little to high miles tbh.
the ebay one doesnt look to well looked after.

golf i would be intrested when time comes to sell yours, just if i have enough saved up at that time. but keep me posted.

lloydsta101 i think you are totaly right
i have seen some nice clean examples gor for a decent price over the last 6 weeks, but didnt have the cash at the time.
of course i havnt test drive them, but like you say, they come with plenty of history.

i check everyday so im sure something will turn up.

just hold out, i only sold mine on a 52 reg with 100k miles, rs4 genuine alloys, lots of mods, 5k i think, car was immaculate as well , they are about you will just have to hold out, that e bay one in gloucester looks like a shout, im in gloucester !!!!

yer if i lived closer id view it
but im in the north east so its a long way to travel for something im a little unsure of esecially with (The self centre spring on gear stick has failed but this makes little difference.) as the listing states.
like you say im just going to hold out.

im still in two minds with a cupra r aswell, but you dont get the comforts of the heated seats and leather and the 4 wheel drive, but the 4 door option on the cupra r makes want to get it for the kids, my selfish side is winning at the moment with the s3

Last edited:
im still in two minds with a cupra r aswell, but you dont get the comforts of the heated seats and leather and the 4 wheel drive, but the 4 door option on the cupra r makes want to get it for the kids, my selfish side is winning at the moment with the s3

As nice as LCR are, I've driven both, in the Dry, the LCR edges it slightly, but in the wet, no contest, the S3 is gone!

Not all S3's have leather and heated seats. Leather is fairly common but heated seats where an optional extra.

Def worth holding out for a decent one. LCR's are nice too and apparently handle better out of the box. Though i've never driven one!

Think your price range is alittle low at the mo.

LCR's are nice cars. S3 is just a little more special.

I bought one the other day for 2k in good condition only problem is the engine needs new piston rings as there is no compression on 3 cylinders x reg with 99k onte clock

well im pleased to say i finally found one
within my budget, clean car black chrome mirrors half leather/blue alcantara trim, good condition, cam belt changed water pump audi service history, a couple of little niggles ofcourse
starting to bubble a little on the roof
windows need fixing, they get stuck now and again,
the lcd display
120000 miles
up to now thats all (touch wood)
but with the budget i had i cant complain, i can put a little cash into it as and when, these are just cosmetic and common things from all the threads i have read in this forum.
the milage is high i guess but i didnt have 5500 +
so i think hopefully i havnt done to bad,
will try get some pics up soon.
see what you guys think.

going from a subaru to an s3 i have to say im really really impressed with the way the s3 handles, i dare say it is just as good as the subaru,
as for the speed i think, i cant really compare because they are 2 totaly different cars, mine is only the 210 model, it just doesnt have that kick like the subaru.
i think i will still go for the remap though, just to improve things a little.

do the facelift headlights fit straight into an 2000 car, or do i need to change anything,
also can anyone recommend some decent priced lowerd springs, and how much is best to lower by ?
im looking at some i think its the rs3 or rs4 wheels sometime in the future.

any help would be gratefull
thanks