Passenger seat not sliding when letting people in the back?

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Got a problem with my passenger seat and has been like this since i purchased the car.

When i pull the lever up to let people in the back, the seat should slide forward slightly to allow more room. This isn't the case! It doesn't slide at all. Also when you pull the adjusting lever at the bottom of the seat in the front to slide it forward, it doesn't go as forward as my driver seat does so i'm assuming there's a problem with the rails underneath?

Has anyone else had this problem and where can i look to try and solve this?

Thanks!

Jay

Jay

Give it a whack on the back mate, does the trick for me ;)

First the door sensor trick and now 'whack the seat' trick! What next!? lol

Whack it from where?

Mine has had this same problem for about a year now. anoys the hell out of me,
Is there a fix for this or... do you mean wack it on the back every time i want it to slide?

I put up with this for over 4 years, and it drove me crazy. I wish I'd had it sorted under warranty but it didn't seem as bad at first.

Yea just a whack on the back of the seat.

When i do this it normally 'releases' the seat and lets it glide for freely....if that makes sense ;)

Mine did it for the first month of having the car, and I had to Slide the seat RIGHT back, using the under seat lever, til it Clicked in.

Then i repositioned it, and it worked fine, its almost like it wasnt hooking when I pulled the lever.

Hope this helps.

Yeah mines the same, you've got to pull it from underneath, right p**s's me off.

Ideally removal of seat & sit it on it side & check when moving the lever if the locking tabs are lifting of the rails to allow it to slide, also take the side trim thats behind the side lever of & check in there as this sometimes comes of the mechanism, when I was repairing my microswitches I had all this lot of including the rear panels, the side trim comes of by pulling & then turning round of the lever, funny process but once done once you'll see what I mean.