Traction control light and fan please help?!!!!!!!!!!

a3-se

audi a3-se
Reaction score
hi first of all my first problem is my traction controll light it wont go off lol once the car is started after a few seconds light comes straight on and doesnt go off until car is turned off and same again once started so any advice would be appreciated and my second problem is when i stop driving i turn my car of take key out ignition get out my car and lock it just as normal but theres one big problem my fans come on even though there is no keys in ignition and it is below temperature any advice on this as well will be appreciated thanks

Traction control light staying on usually indicates a fault has been thrown by an important sensor... Last time this happened to me it was the MAF. You need to get the car VAGCOM'd (other diagnostic kit is available) and see what fault codes are showing.

Dunno about the fan but I suspect there could be a link between your traction control light staying on and the fan operating after you remove the key.

Get the fault codes read...

<tuffty/>

Sadly these cars are almost always at the mercy of computers. Only way to diagnose most engine/system faults like this is using a diagnostic tool such as vagcom.

<tuffty/>

is that the same as like the snapon plug machine my mate has got one think he paid abiut 1300 pound for it and it plugs into by the steering wheel somewhere lol

Would imagine so. The plug (if its the same as most A3's your year) should be a pinky/purple colour at the bottom of the dash on the drivers side.

I would imagine that would be fine to check your codes.

<tuffty/>