EM TuningVolks Autos
    AUDI S3, REVO MAPPED 260 bhp

Status

Need help with changing my impulse sensor!!

hi guys,i am trying to put on a new impulse sensor on my s3, but it is turning out to be very fiddly!!! there doesn't seem to be alot of room to move, and as you can't see the bolt that goes through it, it makes it more difficult.
    do i need to remove the turbo boost pipe, or the oil filter to create more space, and does anybody know what kind of bolt it is attached with.
    your help would be much appreciated.
    thanx
    mark

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Im not sure what you mean by impulse sensor... where is it?
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Status
    it comes up on the vag com as a g28 engine speed sensor, and is located by the side of the oil filter.

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Crank position sensor. It's just a pig to do. Should be a 10mm head with a 5mm allen socket too. So you can use either a rachet spanner or a ball head allen key. When I last swapped mine I went at it from below, but I don't have the incercooler cross pipe. I didn't remove the filter either. You will have to break it to get it out once the bolt is removed. They are always stuck tight. I used a panel fork to get it out.

Status
    thanks HTC

round 2 tommorow!! lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey guys, I have had my 03' Audi A4 Quattro for a little under a year and I am new to the world of car repair. Saw this thread and was wondering if you guys could tell me if there is anything special to changing the cam position sensor on a 2003 A4 Quattro 3.0. I want to learn to do it myself and not pay a mechanic a ton of money!

Thanks