MTM tuned supposedly, advice please?

yellow peril

Reaction score
Lets see how good you are at the the mystic, I have 2002 s3 with supposed to be mtm bt conversion done by audi somewhere in scotland. The only identifieng numbers i can find on turbo are GGG3552 below that is 326 1016362F thats all i can find on it. Needless to say main audi stealers being less than helpfull same with previous owner problem im finding is lack of anything untill you hit 4000 where it just goes bonkers and takes off like a bat out of hell and doesnt stop till you run out of road, never tried it on a motorway just not got the bottle to keep it going untill i know its not going to keep going untill it goes bang. Surely it should have a decent response before 4000 fed up geting caught out pulling out and sitting waiting on it coming on power. Ive had it down at local mapper who does revo, he reported that when its on boost readings seem as would be expected with a big turbo but couldnt figure out why so laggie. So big question is does anyone know if this was done by audi to mtm spec what mapping would have been done so i can get it adjusted instead of it costing 500 bucks to have revo map done sureley this is possible. Any suggestions as to why so laggie and any remidies would be gratefully recieved. PS also running external wastegate, thanks in advance for any answers guys just cannot believe how laggie this car is .

Last edited:
get on to kim collins at QST(uk dealer for MTM).He has done loads of these conversions so he should be able to help.

cheers for reply mate will give him a try, startin to loose heart with this car thinking iv bought a pig in a poke been in scoobys for years fancied some comfort for a change never had anything as laggie as this should be a rocket dissapointing until 4000

I'd take it to QST as Alan has already said. Kim Collins is a very very knowledgable man.

G

Thanks for advise guys will try contactin him need to be phone or e mail as im in scotland

Hi there, can you tell me the Scottish based Revo dealer you used. I'm Glasgow based and looking for a remap.

Heard good things about Bedrock Veedubs who i understand are a Jabbasport agent...so just weighing up my options at the moment.

Hope you get your car sorted. Think i saw it at auction before it reached a car dealer in Coatbridge. MTM badged, yellow, big brakes, etc...so sounds like yours.

Cheers for now,

Dave

get some pics up of it, might of belonged to someone on here, or someone who knows the history of it??

sounds like you have seen the car m8 thats the 1, i went to drivers at georges cross guy called niel good guy easy to talk to he done my sons golf was rite quik car kept up with my scooby. sure hes daelt with other u mentioned will ask him and find out sure hes used them to

get some pics up of it, might of belonged to someone on here, or someone who knows the history of it??
PMSL get some pics up takes me all my time to log in let alone put pics up, description= yellow s3 lowered all round on bilstiens, big brake motives, big turbo with plenty of lag that im goin nuts trying to come up with a reasonable solution to to make more usable and keep my licence, full 3inch diameter milltech from cat back, 20mill spacers all round

This is why i wouldn't go BT. I remember the days of larger Turbo's on Cossies and the resultant lag!

Has it had intercooler upgrades etc? I've read on here that too big a cooler can give more lag? Could be a problem?

Good luck.

This is why i wouldn't go BT. I remember the days of larger Turbo's on Cossies and the resultant lag!

Has it had intercooler upgrades etc? I've read on here that too big a cooler can give more lag? Could be a problem?

Good luck.

NO NO NO!!! dont get it twisted!! lol BT FTW!!! if mapped correctly its a weapon! My one had a custom map and the delivery was awesome!

It must be the map mate! even if you are in scotland take it to Kim he is the man!

I bet there's lots more lag than a well set up Hybrid or even standard Turbo car though, surely?

Good luck.
doesnt have fm cooler, been told time and time again doesnt need one twin sides are more than capable to cope with 330bhp, funny ure likeness to a cossie its very like that wait wait wait wait then bang hold on for dear life and watch life blurr behind you lol

NO NO NO!!! dont get it twisted!! lol BT FTW!!! if mapped correctly its a weapon! My one had a custom map and the delivery was awesome!

It must be the map mate! even if you are in scotland take it to Kim he is the man!
Appreciate your input m8 know you had 1 with simalar spec was a well sortted car rekon myself its mapping just trying to rule everything else out biggest prob av got is trying to keep downpipe sealed at turbo you know how little room there is down there but will get there. Youre new brief is sum piece of kit is it not very nice indeed must be amazing to drive, hope your enjoying it

Why surprised, only time youl really benefit with front mount is if your running high boost giving it the beans constantly, every day driving with the od bit of spirit side mounts cope fine. If im wrong im sure someone will put me rite.

apparently serviced by Star Performance , give them a tinkle, sounds exactly the same as your car in the description

Why surprised, only time youl really benefit with front mount is if your running high boost giving it the beans constantly, every day driving with the od bit of spirit side mounts cope fine. If im wrong im sure someone will put me rite.

fmic will give it a bit more boost, and when it is hot weather will keep it boosting hard all through the rev range instead of dying out as the engine is to warm, would of thought it would of had a fmic on having spent all that money on it

Must admit, i thought it would have an FMIC. Perhaps the bigger turbo doesn't run much boost so therefore doesn't need the bigger cooler?

Also, the external wastegate, do you mean the noisey dump valve? Or that that turbo has its wastegate on the side of it instead of built in?

Shame you drove it like my nan Faz ;)

Shouldnt be that laggy at all, mine seems to pull cleanly all the way thru, may be a dodgey sensor or maybe a clueless mechanic has switched out the ecu for a spare as it was having problems?

Best of luck with it tho, stick with it, MTM rule! Deffo contact Kim at QST tho, as far as Im aware they are the only autherised dealer in England for MTM tuning so if its been done he should know about it

Must admit, i thought it would have an FMIC. Perhaps the bigger turbo doesn't run much boost so therefore doesn't need the bigger cooler?

This has been covered loads on other FMIC threads on here. A BT doesn't need a fmic because it doesn't generate as much heat as a K04 with the boost wound up. The 2 standard side mounts are adequate with a BT but with a mapped K04 it just generates too much heat for the smic to deal with.

thats the very 1 m8 plenty of power wen on boost and doesnt loose a drop all the way to red line just doesnt come in quik enuf for my liking, ok if your giving it beans nothing looks at it just keeps catching you out when you least expect it. Hopping to get it up to star when finnish up work for crimbo get something sorted out, once id seen the car n drove it just had to have it lol .

Also, the external wastegate, do you mean the noisey dump valve? Or that that turbo has its wastegate on the side of it instead of built in?
wastegates on the outside of the turbo and plumbed into the downpipe m8.

Shame you drove it like my nan Faz ;)

Shouldnt be that laggy at all, mine seems to pull cleanly all the way thru, may be a dodgey sensor or maybe a clueless mechanic has switched out the ecu for a spare as it was having problems?

Best of luck with it tho, stick with it, MTM rule! Deffo contact Kim at QST tho, as far as Im aware they are the only autherised dealer in England for MTM tuning so if its been done he should know about it
Been at audi garage that done suspension, spoke to mechanic who knew the car he said its always been late booster since conversion was done.

Sound like a bizzare setup, I think Mine and Fazs were pretty much identical in the mapping for clean power thru the rev range, even from down low. I do feel a bigger shove at about 3-4k as it really comes on song which makes the earlier bit feel slow but in reality it isnt

Best of luck with it anyway, hopefully youll get used to the way it develops the power and enjoy it, god knows driving mine to work is the only time I smile in the morning

yeah you defo need a different map on it, maybe mtm tuned it like that so the turbo was at a safe limit!!!!