Central Locking Control Unit (integrated in Pump?)

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hey all,

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has replaced this part on their A3? Or simply knows how possible it is for me to do myself?

I've got a '98 model - without flip-out key/remote, so it's not a complicated model with integrated remote-locking stuff, so I was thinking it would be pretty simple to replace... [Actual part number: 8LO 862 257 A (which has been superceeded by the compatible 8LO 862 257 G apparently)]

Switching the actual hardware is pretty straightforward I would guess, but I'm just wondering how much is required on the software side (other than adding to the unit's coding in VAG-COM to re-enable the features my locking/alarm system had (lazy windows etc.)).

Is there anything else that would need to be set/coded in software? Is it stuff that can be done with a VAIO and VAG-COM?

My thanks for reading, and any help you can offer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rob.

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
yeah its all integrated to the pump all you need to do is recoded the remotes and code the control unit!

[/ QUOTE ]

foolish3uk - you're a star!

Cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'll get on to those helpful chappies at vagparts tomorrow and order myself a new unit and hopefully before long I'll have a working alarm again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The information you've given has made it two out of two today - I got hold of some tamper-proof bits today so I can clean/replace my air mass meter too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again, remind me I owe you some cold beer if we cross paths!

Regards.

Rob.